Itchin for a bigger Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Thought it was worth starting a new thread for my planned kitchen extension, which will be using an existing hallway/kitchen/utility to become a nice kitchen/diner room, with multi-aspect views. I've had the plans drawn up and am now in the process of getting them marked up by a structural engineer so have gone out for quotes. The first has come back at over £700 so will wait and see what the others are like, but are there any recommendations? Does that sound a reasonable price for marking up the sliding door space requirement and widening an internal (previously external) wall?

Will put some photos up of the rooms, and hoping to get lots of advice on what I should be doing to incorporate the multiple cupboards/strange shapes, etc

Sponsored Links
I need to get quotes for replacing the existing back door with a window to fill the same gap, a new 'over-sink' window and the sliding doors. Any recommendations for an online supplier? Then I can get a local fitter (Aberdeenshire)

The house has around 2ft thick granite walls and was previously two cottages joint together with a single story front extension

Sponsored Links
Existing images of property. It's been up for sale for the last two years but with the Aberdeenshire market being in the state it's in, we have decided to just get some of the work done we have always thought about. Ruled out a rear extension as it would just add to the 175m2 that we already don't use properly!

Can't wait to be gone of all the mahogany stained wood throughout the whole house!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back