It's a disgrace inmho

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That British army veteran taitusi ratucucsu from Figi who served in the army for 11 years and served in Iraq, and ahfganastan

Was denied NHS treatment for life saving brain tumour surgery be cause of his immigration status???

Bloke put his life on the line for the UK ffs

Costs of the treatment was met by crowd funding

Sponsored Links
He could've applied to stay in the UK but it would've cost £10k for him and his family.
That's why he was still classed as a non-UK resident, because he didn't apply. Being in the army for over 4 years would've (probably) meant he had a good chance in staying in the UK too.

Although it's horrible to see someone who fought for the UK suffer, we do as a country have to have some immigration rules. There was nothing from the government or the NHS stopping him for applying, just the cost he admitted couldn't afford. I do wonder why, after 11 years of being on a wage in the army he wasn't able to plan ahead and perhaps save towards his application costs.

He could've applied to stay in the UK but it would've cost £10k for him and his family.
That's why he was still classed as a non-UK resident, because he didn't apply. Being in the army for over 4 years would've (probably) meant he had a good chance in staying in the UK too.

Although it's horrible to see someone who fought for the UK suffer, we do as a country have to have some immigration rules. There was nothing from the government or the NHS stopping him for applying, just the cost he admitted couldn't afford. I do wonder why, after 11 years of being on a wage in the army he wasn't able to plan ahead and perhaps save towards his application costs.

Be all that as it may?

But the fact that he has served in the armed
forces for the country for 10 or 11 years should have made excempt from all this other caper he should have been looked after

Imo any way

Be all that as it may?

forces for the country for 10 or 11 years should have made excempt from all this other caper he should have been looked after

Imo any way
I believe if he'd applied at the time he was leaving he'd have qualified with no dramas and a token payment. There's been a lot of complaints from commonwealth soldiers about the mustering out process and no one making it clear they had to fill in the paperwork to get leave to remain.

Just another effect of the hostile environment policy. Any mistakes, any at all, and you'll be pushed to leave as hard as the government is allowed to do so.

Sponsored Links
We treat our ex servicemen appallingly in the UK, far too many end up homeless living on the streets. Why we treat those who fight on our behalf so poorly is something I just don't understand at all. Shameful!

Be all that as it may?

Imo any way
Yes, he should've been looked after, and he could've applied for UK status. I think the money, as he said, was the main reason why he didn't.

I do hear you Trans, it's unfair but there has to be some sort of immigration system and the system at the moment is to apply. The guy you're talking about it is already fighting the system on this and to get it changed. I hope they win, I really do.

Just another effect of the hostile environment policy.
Yep

That's why they have priti nazi in control of the policy.

Amazing to think though that this hostile environment policy would have excluded her parents entering the UK!

Perhaps she doesn't like her family.

Or immigrants

Or foreigners

Or soldiers.

Yep

Amazing to think though that this hostile environment policy would have excluded her parents entering the UK!

Perhaps she doesn't like her family.

Or immigrants

Or foreigners

Or soldiers.

She's indicated she will extend visa rights and open a pathway to citizenship to almost 3 million people from Hong Kong. That doesn't sound like a Nazi who dislikes foregners.

She's indicated she will extend visa rights and open a pathway to citizenship to almost 3 million people from Hong Kong. That doesn't sound like a Nazi who dislikes foregners.
Strange to see you encouraging a massive increase in the number of immigrants...
(even though the small print renders this 'offer' meaningless)

I thought you reckoned that the UK population was overflowing already!

Strange to see you encouraging a massive increase in the number of immigrants...

Where did I do that?, I simply proffered evidence that suggests she's not a Nazi who dislikes foreigners as suggested by some.

I'd be amazed if it's more than just words.

We made a significant effort to stop a flood of Hong Kong Chinese emigrating here when we signed the Sino-British joint declaration. (Contrasting dramatically between our treatment of the Falkland Islanders at the same time).

A pathway might be created, but it'll then be guarded by rabid trolls and heavily mined.

Be all that as it may?

Imo any way

There's been a few like this.
Denzel Washington played an British solder denied citizenship based on a true story. Yet some rapist is allowed to stay because deporting him would infringe his human rights.

Outrageous.

Yep

The problem is the likes of your oik. Defend the bad ones... The more bad ones means less good ones can come to live here or can no longer live here.

Shameful

Sponsored Links
Back