It's beginning to look a lot like......not the Brexit you hoped for....

lt's no surprise that there are young people who resent having their futures blighted by the quitters.

I'm sure some old people (over 45's!) feel their future is blighted by young people. :)

It's only fair that inexperienced youthful optimists are given veto over the experienced wise to the world oldies ;)

Sponsored Links
It's only fair that sour and bitter retired plumbers who hate foreigners should crush the hopes and ambitions of energetic youngsters :eek:

It's certainly disappointing to see how badly brexit is going.
Correct. The Quitter MP's have long said the UK holds the bargaining chips and now we are literally begging for a life line by DOUBLING the money we are offering to the EU. The Quitters must be seething as are the Quitter MP's....
Another sign that Cabinet Remainers won the day and overruled the Brexiteers came when the Home Secretary Amber Rudd later told Sky News: "It was a very good meeting."

In contrast, the Cabinet's leading Brexiteers, Mr Johnson and Mr Gove, were tight-lipped as they left No. 10, while Liam Fox left the meeting alongside a silent Mr Davis.

There will be no real Brexit, just some poxy watered down version where we will still obey all that Brussels demands without having a voice ourselves, whilst established companies pack up and go abroad.

Well done Quitters.(y)

Sponsored Links
I think that statement sums up the Quitter ethos perfectly. It is what the whole leave campaign was relying upon - that and the hope that Quitters were as gullible as they had planned.

Remoaners, always moaning, sums up the remoaners ethos perfectly.

Remoaners, they are the real quitters

Remoaners, always moaning, sums up the remoaners ethos perfectly
I think you'll find anyone with a brain cell is moaning, Quitters and Remainers alike. What a shower of shoite Brexit is turning into. Spineless gutless shower of s hit = Brexit. Cheers Quitters.(y)

There will be no real Brexit, just some poxy watered down version where we will still obey all that Brussels demands without having a voice ourselves, whilst established companies pack up and go abroad.
I disagree with you on this one noseall. The way things are going we will crash out big time, with no deal.
Even if I am wrong and a deal is wrangled at the last minute, it will be too late to prevent the enormous damage done to our economy. We have already seen the EBA and the EMA agree their new locations.

I still do not see the 'divorce bill' as the biggest problem. It is only money with a very big political inference behind, around, above and below it. The Brexiteers really thought Brexit would be painless? It is simply a matter of which pain you are prepared to accept.

I still see the real problem as the border, or lack of it in the island of Ireland.
Any no deal scenario exacerbates the problem of an 'invisible' border. I suspect that, at the end of the day, UK government will meet the demands of the EU, in order to simplify the resolution of that 'invisible' border, (and in order to maintain the unity of UK). But, as I said, if they do not pull their fingers out of their political orifices, it will be too late to prevent economic repercussions, and the difficulties in Ireland becoming insurmountable.
As Barnier said, "the clock is ticking."

On top of all this, of course, is that the UK government are so wrapped up in Brexit, any other normal UK-centered, political business is being ignored, e.g. NI assembly deadlock, perhaps the sexual harassment issues in government.

£38Bn would do a lot to protect British firms trading on WTO rules. This better be the final offer. I hope it has the caveat of payment terms.

£38Bn would do a lot to protect British firms trading on WTO rules. This better be the final offer. I hope it has the caveat of payment terms.
It is not about the money, it is about the governing classes of the eu trying to prevent it from disintegrating.
And of course, any settlement can be withdrawn if the whole final package is not to the UK's satisfaction.

perhaps I should have said "the retired are predominantly brexiteers"

and the young are predominantly remainers.

_90089868_eu_ref_uk_regions_leave_remain_gra624_by_age.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36619342

"Age and class both have an effect on people’s views. A majority of 18-34 year olds in every social class voted to remain, while a majority of those aged 55+ in every class voted to leave."
https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/how-britain-voted-2016-eu-referendum

I saw one sour old quitter complaining that in his opinion, the young are looking forward to a few of the old quitters pegging out, since the balance is so close.

Now this never ending rant of Jonhs that once the old have died off, everything will be fine, just shows his narrow viewpoint missing the wider picture.

Yes, young people voted to remain, and the older ones voted to leave, so what does that tell us. Well according to John, if the old die off, then everything will be fine; sorry John, obviously no ones told you that the everyone gets older, and one day, the young that voted to remain, will change their mind, and vote to leave, and they will continue to do so, because age brings wisdom and experience.

It's a fact of life John, get over it and learn to accept it. It's the older generation that stops the younger one from doing unending damage to themselves, not the other way round.

And I wonder what happened to you that age didn't bring wisdom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that statement sums up the Quitter ethos perfectly. It is what the whole leave campaign was relying upon - that and the hope that Quitters were as gullible as they had planned.

Well you should not be bothered either, as your whole premise and those links relies on conjecture and supposition.

All the doom and gloom that remoaners predicted has not materialised. Nor should it.

That’s why I’m not bothered, and neither should you be.

It's only fair that sour and bitter retired plumbers who hate foreigners should crush the hopes and ambitions of energetic youngsters :eek:

Considering Brexit is certain to cause an economic downturn in the short term before the UK can begin to benefit from the new emerging growth markets instead of the mature shrinking EU market, it would seem to me older people that voted Brexit have created a situation that will have a negative impact on themselves and a better long term future for the youngsters.

I cant speak for retired plumbers, they are probably soaking up the Spanish sunshine.

Brexit would go a lot smoother were it not for the remainers continually complaining about one thing that is now history........that being that the Referendum has been fought and won and is over.

Sponsored Links
Back