It's not often one can agree with Michael O'Leary, but...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
‘Delusional’ Brexiteers will die soon, says Ryanair chief

Linky Linky

Brexit critic Michael O’Leary says Britain will be back in the EU within a generation.

“Everything that was promised to the UK population, the sunny highlands and the ability to do trade deals everywhere around the world, is a lie. A tissue of was shown.”

“We mistakenly assumed that there would be some sort of competence at the top of government under Johnson and that they would at least put the economy first and make a sensible deal.

“It turns out that Johnson and like the rest of his Brexit group was completely delusional.”

“The problem we face in working with the government is that most departments are obsessed with finding excuses to show where Brexit benefits"

The chief executive of Ryanair has claimed Britain will be forced to rejoin the European Union’s single market by a generation of pro-Europeans as Brexiteers die out...

Voter renewal (y)

Sponsored Links
‘Delusional’ Brexiteers will die soon, says Ryanair chief

Linky Linky

Brexit critic Michael O’Leary says Britain will be back in the EU within a generation.

“Everything that was promised to the UK population, the sunny highlands and the ability to do trade deals everywhere around the world, is a lie. A tissue of was shown.”

“We mistakenly assumed that there would be some sort of competence at the top of government under Johnson and that they would at least put the economy first and make a sensible deal.

“It turns out that Johnson and like the rest of his Brexit group was completely delusional.”

“The problem we face in working with the government is that most departments are obsessed with finding excuses to show where Brexit benefits"

The chief executive of Ryanair has claimed Britain will be forced to rejoin the European Union’s single market by a generation of pro-Europeans as Brexiteers die out...

Voter renewal (y)

The EU will die out before the last Brexiteer snuffs it.

Sponsored Links
You're in the demographic he's talking about ;)
As are you. You that admits that children came to you and your 'partner' "late in life" and those 'children' are now qualified doctors and have been for some time. That must put you at least in your mid sixties like me. Not hard to work out. ;)

O’Leary has a point, remainers tend to be the younger demographic.

Blup

The EU will die out before the last Brexiteer snuffs it.
Jeepers, not much time left for the EU then. How can it possibly still be 'on the brink'?

We will heartily laugh about old Brexers one day, for sure.

Reads to me that he isn't saying Brexit is a bad thing, more the ones trusted to implement it are clueless. Not saying anything that isn't obvious.

Reads to me that he isn't saying Brexit is a bad thing
Really..?

"...the British people had been sold a “tissue of lies” over the benefits of quitting the EU and said exiting the bloc had been “unbelievably messy”.

Mr O'Leary accused Boris Johnson of being “completely delusional” about Brexit and said leaving the EU would be a “net negative” in the next five years..."

I'd hate to see what you think a Brexit put-down really looks like. :oops:

So you don't read that as incompetence.
Seems like your confirming something we already know that your clueless.

Jeepers, not much time left for the EU then. How can it possibly still be 'on the brink'?

We will heartily laugh about old Brexers one day, for sure.
The EU will split due to its policy of eroding the national sovereignty of member states in order to create a superstate.
The cracks are already appearing, the Hungarians have ignored the EUs ban on Russian oil, the Poles aren't happy about EU interference in their judicial affairs.
The war in Ukraine came along at the right time for the EU, fear of the Russians keeps the member states united and it prevented a full scale trade war with the UK.

The EU will split due to its policy of eroding the national sovereignty of member states in order to create a superstate.
The cracks are already appearing, the Hungarians have ignored the EUs ban on Russian oil, the Poles aren't happy about EU interference in their judicial affairs.
The war in Ukraine came along at the right time for the EU, fear of the Russians keeps the member states united and it prevented a full scale trade war with the UK.
I think the EU will hold together unless either
1) one country sees a positive advantage in leaving, which GB has shown is hard to find, or
2) another country is daft enough to let the proles vote on it like we did.

There was a strange sentiment in the air. Product of the time or something. I remember the guy who ran the local post office/newsagent/shop banging on about how Europe needed us more than we needed Europe, and that we should keep these damned foreigners out.
He's Pakistani!

OTOH
As Europe is under pressure from the East now, I expected there to be a tangible benefit to being within the EU, which we should hear all about, having left.
I don't see one, though?

‘Delusional’ Brexiteers will die soon, says a pillock

Hitler said "You will be dead soon but we have your children".

The EU is the continuation of Nazi Germany by more peaceful means.

European nations will take one look at Brexit and think - no thanks.

Utter shít.

Sponsored Links
Back