I've been Tangoed......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is going to sound odd, I know - but bear with me...... For the last 6 months or so, we've noticed that the white tiles / grout inside our shower cubicle attract an orange 'tint' over time, leading to our needing to continually clean the stuff off.

Initially we put it down to shampoos or whatever being used, although the shampoo colourings didn't seem to support our Tangoed shower. However today I noticed that the shower head itself (it's one of those 8" diameter things) also has orange deposit around many of the jets. My first thought was to take a sample from the shower into a clear jug although this looks ok.

I'm going to contact the shower manufacturer to see if they've ever come across this - but I'm plain puzzled as to what might be causing this.

Has anyone ever heard of anything similar happening?

Cheers,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
it is most likely the hardness of the water thats causing this 'bloom'.
it will be the limescale remnants becoming attached whenever there is contact with water. probably.

yeah .seen it in commercial dishwashers..thought it was bacteria :eek:

Sponsored Links
We get that to (in Bristol), likewise thought it was particular make of shampoo etc but that doesn't fit as we chop and change regularly. Mainly occurs on the horizontal edge of the shower tray, in particular the back edge, which is probably the slowest to dry out. Have used white vinegar to remove the limescale deposits that build up, but it doesn't touch the orange stains (although it is impressive how much better the shower looks after a good vinegaring).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back