Jacko

As a whinger I don't feel out of control or indeed weird.

Reports of fans commiting suicide over Jacko's death are unfounded then.
If you say so.

I am just sick and tired about the constant media frenzy
May I suggest that you stop reading, and watching on TV, and listening to on the radio, the things that make you sick and tired?

The family deserve flogging putting that young girl on show at the memorial service.
Your desire to flog the bereaved is something I regard as weird. And if you actually did it, then you would be out of control.

@ jefoss - thank you.

@ namsag - there are many idolised stars who died more than 18 years ago, and therefore many adults who were mere twinkles in the heydey of those stars. Elvis is always on somebody's mind, somewhere, I can't imagine a world without John Lennon's music, and the daises that Freddie Mercury is gaily pushing up will come of age in November.

By any criteria you care to use, Jacko was an immensely talented, and successful, and popular, musician. The fact that there were eccentric things, and even bad things, about him makes it all the more remarkable that he shone so brightly when under the spotlight.

Many people loved him; not me, as it happens, but nor do I bear him or his memory the malice that is so keenly documented here, and I can't help wondering why all the people who want the memory of him to wither and die are making such a noise about it.

Sponsored Links
The fact that there were eccentric things, and even bad things, about him makes it all the more remarkable that he shone so brightly when under the spotlight.

No, that was the plastic surgeons wot done that. They shouldn't bury him, they should stick him on a rock and use him for a lighthouse.

Funny how know one ever mentions fred west was a fantastic builer or peter sutcliffe was a fantastic wagon driver

Funny how know one ever mentions fred west was a fantastic builer or peter sutcliffe was a fantastic wagon driver
Or Ian Huntley a great caretaker, or Harold Shipman a talented doctor :confused:

Sponsored Links
The four people you've mentioned were all convicted of particular nasty crimes involving multiple murders, and I haven't seen any evidence, let alone video footage, of them being particularly good at their jobs.

There's a curious trend with those who dislike(d) Jacko, to respond to any compliment about his singing and dancing with childish remarks about his appearance and accusations of pædophilia.

There's always communal mourning when there's been communal adoration.

What a load of piffle! Mourning, my ar53 :!:

You are confusing mourning with narcissistic adulation and bandwagoning. These so-called admirers were no where to be seen when the shoite hit the fan a few years back.

You can't tell me that John Smith of Jane Doe, who happened to buy Thriller a while back, is sitting at home right now, sobbing uncontrollably, seeking medication, lying in a darkened room whilst wishing their loved one would return.

No, what they are actually doing is eating their tea waiting for the news to come on so that they can catch up with the Jacko circus and prepare for another round of faux fawning.

Communal mourning, GET REAL!! :rolleyes:

The four people you've mentioned were all convicted of particular nasty crimes involving multiple murders, and I haven't seen any evidence, let alone video footage, of them being particularly good at their jobs.

There's a curious trend with those who dislike(d) Jacko, to respond to any compliment about his singing and dancing with childish remarks about his appearance and accusations of pædophilia.

The plastic tw@t abused children, who gives a f*** if he could sing or not?

Any amount of good done previously is instantly nullified the minute you abuse a child.

He will be remembered as a sick waxwork model who abused children ... Sad it may be to Jackson fans but true nonetheless.

"he's bad, he's bad he knew it ... Huh ... You know he's bad he's bad ..."

MW

There's always communal mourning when there's been communal adoration.
What a load of piffle!
I'm happy to agree to disagree on that point.

You are confusing mourning with narcissistic adulation and bandwagoning.
I didn't say that was no narcissism or bandwagoning, but I maintain that a lot of his friends and family are mourning.

These so-called admirers were no where to be seen when the shoite hit the fan a few years back.
True, if "nowhere" is the name you've given to the outside of the court building where his fans gathered to support him.

You can't tell me that John Smith of Jane Doe, who happened to but Thriller a while back, is sitting at home right now, sobbing uncontrollably, seeking medication, lying in a darkened room whilst wishing their loved one would return.
I don't know where you get the idea that mourning takes only one form. I presume it's your lack of experience or imagination that leads you to think that.

what they are actually doing is eating their tea waiting for the news to come on so that they can catch up with the Jacko circus and prepare for another round of faux fawning.
I have no doubt that you're right about some people, but not it's true of everyone.

Is your point that you're not criticising the people who are genuinely mourning, but those creating the circus that surrounds them?

Is it just Jacko that gets your goat, or did you also despise the hordes of people who gathered outside Gracelands in August '77, and all those who placed flowers outside Kensington Palace in August '97?

Elvis is always on somebody's mind, somewhere, I can't imagine a world without John Lennon's music, and the daises that Freddie Mercury is gaily pushing up will come of age in November.

By any criteria you care to use, Jacko was an immensely talented, and successful, and popular, musician. The fact that there were eccentric things, and even bad things, about him makes it all the more remarkable that he shone so brightly when under the spotlight.

Many people loved him; not me, as it happens, but nor do I bear him or his memory the malice that is so keenly documented here, and I can't help wondering why all the people who want the memory of him to wither and die are making such a noise about it.

Okay ...

1. I don't recall Elvis, John Lennon or Freddie Mercury fiddling with children.

2. Eccentric and bad don't exactly do his weird and perverted deeds true justice.

3. Maybe people feel slightly miffed that such a fuss is being made of a child abuser? Gary Glitter ring any bells with you? The talent the guy had is totally irrelevant.

MW

Any amount of good done previously is instantly nullified the minute you abuse a child.
That rule appears to have been ignored by all the fans who bought tickets for his 2009 concerts. Or is it the case that he was acquitted because he didn't do those things?

He will be remembered as a sick waxwork model who abused children
By you, perhaps. By his fans, I doubt it.

Is it just Jacko that gets your goat

Eh?

At no time have i dissed MJ. I happened to like his '80's stuff. I found him as fascinating as i did pitiful. He was a wealthy man that made some bad choices.

I do however find the phrase 'communal mourning' extremely difficult to comprehend.

I will weep for people whom i loved and were close to me. The thought of shedding tears for a complete stranger i find weird. These people are mourning by association.

1. I don't recall Elvis, John Lennon or Freddie Mercury fiddling with children.
I see. So you're ignoring the point that I made when referring to those people, which was that they're all still popular in spite of many adults being born after their death.

Many of the points being made on this topic have nothing to do with paedophilia, or plastic surgery, so it's not very constructive to respond to all of them by saying "You're wrong because he was a sick plastic kiddy fiddler".

2. Eccentric and bad don't exactly do his weird and perverted deeds true justice.
That's because I was focussing on the good things, not the bad ones.

3. Maybe people feel slightly miffed that such a fuss is being made of a child abuser?
Clearly - but those people are bitter, and vastly outnumbered.

Gary Glitter ring any bells with you?
He didn't ring my bell, nor did I wanne be in his gang, or touch him 'there'. And he's still a convicted criminal.

The talent the guy had is totally irrelevant.
Does this rule apply to everyone, or only to those whom you dislike?

Eh?

At no time have i dissed MJ.
Apologies - that was a clumsy comment. In that sentence the word "Jacko" should have been the words "Jacko's funeral circus".

I happened to like his '80's stuff. I found him as fascinating as i did pitiful. He was a wealthy man that made some bad choices.
I completely agree.

I do however find the phrase 'communal mourning' extremely difficult to comprehend.
Well forgive me if that choice of words was poor, but don't you get the gist of the drift of my general point? It was simply that the more popular the person, the more people express their feelings when that person dies.

Eh?I will weep for people whom i loved and were close to me. The thought of shedding tears for a complete stranger i find weird. These people are mourning by association.
Again, I tend to agree. But it's a real phenomenon, and it's not a new one, therefore it's not a very surprising one. Surely we don't have to revisit the observation that it is a phenomenon every time it occurs, do we?

Sponsored Links
Back