Jacob Rees-Mogg

Reaction score
Dystopia, a small island too close to Europe
Country
United Kingdom
who just happens to be one the lefties favourite punching bags, has been reprimanded for using a "racist term". He described the Lib dems as the "yellow peril". Is a term racist even if not attacking a race ? What next, being banged up for calling Man Utd the "red" devils ?

Sponsored Links
Yes because the term itself is racist and it's use in this context is only to increase the derogatory nature of the statement towards the Lib Dems

Sponsored Links
He described the Lib dems as the "yellow peril". Is a term racist even if not attacking a race ?
In context that term isn't racist in relation to the Lib Dems since that is their party colour...

But of course on many other previous statements by smogg have shown that he is actually a racist by heart!

in this context is only to increase the derogatory nature of the statement towards the Lib Dems

Then it's not racist, unless the lib Dems are now a race?

It is a clear cut case of trying to make something out of a nothing statement.

I didn't even know it was a thing until they are trying to reprimand Jacob.

I'm not a fan of his, but if people really are getting all twisted up by this the world truly has gone mad.

None of this "madness" would ever happen if there had never been any racists.

Then it's not racist, unless the lib Dems are now a race?

It is a very well known racist expression.

Some may claim they use the term "ironically."

If filly goes back twenty years, he will probably find another example of it being used

Edit:

Oh look! he did!

Ooh look!

red-squirrel.jpg

It is a very well known racist expression.

Some may claim they use the term "ironically."

If filly goes back twenty years, he will probably find another example of it being used

Edit:

Oh look! he did!

It's not that well known, I never heard of it till was in the news, asked a few of my friends too and they were the same.

Maybe it's just fallen out of favour with us youngsters

I thought "the yellow peril" was a term used by British servicemen in the far east to descibe diarrhea.

Sponsored Links
Back