Jade Shower - Intermittent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Jade shower and like it - but it has started to become intermittent. This first happened a few weeks ago, both the lights came on but no water flow, so I suspected a rogue water pressure issue. After a bit of patience and a few repetitious on/off attempts it went again.

Today the same sequence followed, but got the impression it's getting worse - water pressure at taps seemed alright, so any ideas what part could be breaking down or suspect please?

Sponsored Links
Can it be tested in place provided disconnected of course or will it be replaced?

when it next fails isolate the mains power to shower.
use a multi meter across the two terminals on the solenoid valve and check resistance.
your looking for a reading of about 3.4 kohms.

Sponsored Links
The shower has simply stopped altogether, both lights come on, with no water flow at all. I am not able to test the solenoid as such, however is this likely to be the problem or should I also strip out and check the can?
Previous shower (Triton) suffered from can issues due to hard water blockages, it would not surprise me if this might be part of the problem!
Intend to do checks over the weekend, hopefully to a conclusion - either order parts or replace shower completely.

both lights come on, with no water flow at all.
power light and low pressure light = solenoid valve.

I am not able to test the solenoid as such, however is this likely to be the problem or should I also strip out and check the can?

have you not got a multi meter ?
blocked heating can won't give a low pressure light.
thats water pressure not getting past the stabiliser valve.

Previous shower (Triton) suffered from can issues due to hard water blockages, it would not surprise me if this might be part of the problem!
Intend to do checks over the weekend, hopefully to a conclusion - either order parts or replace shower completely.

replacing the shower is a dear way round replacing a £10 part.

Thanks for the logic, all very helpful. BTW Solenoid £27 from Shower Doctor - bit more than £10!

Thanks for the logic, all very helpful. BTW Solenoid £27 from Shower Doctor - bit more than £10!

thats to you.
and thats a complete valve, not just the solenoid coil
which is what part fails 9/10 times the coil.

i pick solenoid coils up under a tenner.
gros10-1.gif

Well fair enough - since your advice was free and very helpful, I should not expect too much and be grateful anyway. I will report back how I get on for the full story. God bless you.

Just a final report to say that everything is now up and running fine thanks to a new solenoid as advised - great and thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back