Jaguar 23kw bundy tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Jaguar 23kw boiler stopped producing h/w. An engineer came out to look at it, said it could be a load of different things and would probably cost in excess of £500 to fix. So looked on this site and everyone pointed to it being a problem with the daiphragm so took the plunge and took it out.....extremely happy to find yes the diaphragm had perished so got a new part for £10 put it all back together feeling very pleased only to find that the two bundy pipes into the value which use a o ring and spring clip mechanism leak. Tried everything to stop the leak but so far to no avail...am going to order new o rings (though they seem fine) and new clips - its a full on leak not just a drip, could new clips make all the difference?

Sponsored Links
New o rings are more likely to cure it than new clips, but both would be a good idea as they are pretty cheap.

If you have a problem to get them order as Biasi 24 s Prisma.

The question is why was your man so bad?

Tony

Can anyone tell me if the bundy tubes on a jaguar boiler are easy to replace. I have taken apart the boiler to replace the diaphragm and now the tubes into the brass valve will not seal back up with the o rings and spring clips. not sure if the tubes might have been damaged on removal and need replacing but not sure if this is a job for a amateur?

Sponsored Links
A common error is to push the clip in when the tube is not fully inserted so that the clip damages the "O" ring!

A temporary repair can sometimes be made by wrapping PTFE tape around the outside of the "O" rings.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back