Jaguar s type parking brake

Just gotta try and get the radio code next :( I know I can just supply the serial of the radio? Bit I think that requires taking the centre console apart.. which due to the cars age renders it beyond economic repair.

Sponsored Links
Fair enough Eddie I'm not qualified to comment at all....I would ensure the battery is the same A/H rating and same quality, of course. I've never had a vehicle with more than one battery!
On the Q the owner said that all was well....09 plate DSG - that's all I know about it.
If you go for a coding, let's know how things change.
John :)

Just a case of mitigating now. To get the radio out is a case of removing the ash tray, removing the armrest, which going to be a pain as the cable mechanism to flip the armrest to gain access to the retaining screws is broken :(. Then pry off the trim hoping to god the clips don't break. Then remove the radio retaining screws, sliding the radio out, grab the serial number. Getting the code (ebay), reverse the above faff, and IF all goes well then jobs a good un... for £4.50. If it doesn't go well.. :(:(

Fair enough Eddie I'm not qualified to comment at all....I would ensure the battery is the same A/H rating and same quality, of course. I've never had a vehicle with more than one battery!
On the Q the owner said that all was well....09 plate DSG - that's all I know about it.
If you go for a coding, let's know how things change.
John :)

The 2nd battery is in the engine bay and apparently a real pain to replace.

Sponsored Links
If it’s an X type or a S type, try this:

Enter any code 3 times so that the display shows "PLEASE WAIT"

Simultaneously press ">>" "PTY" "A.MEM" should only take 2 or 3 seconds and the radioturns on.

If it’s an X type or a S type, try this:

Enter any code 3 times so that the display shows "PLEASE WAIT"

Simultaneously press ">>" "PTY" "A.MEM" should only take 2 or 3 seconds and the radioturns on.

OMG! That has saved my life. Thank you a million. :)(y)(y)

And with the money Motman probably saved me I decided to have the windscreen replaced which I noticed was cracked when I was having the battery replaced ~ £350 ouch! (No glass cover :() I know I know. Good after bad.

If you’d have pushed and held the heated front screen switch and simultaneously operated the front washers and the brake lights, the crack would have self repaired itself..........

Sponsored Links
Back