JANUS 3 Water Circulator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I own a Starley & Johnson J32 warm air system which heats most of my house. I would like to add a water circulator so that I can run 2 radiators and possibly underfloor heat 1 other room.
I have the chance to buy a JANUS 3 water circulator to do this job and am wondering if it is up to the job - If not then can anyone suggest a suitable circulator that is.

Cheers

Shanz

Sponsored Links
is this second hand? if so i wouldnt bother.

whats the kw rating on the janus?....there should be a metal tag attached to it that will tell you. i think it would struggle and pile through a lot of gas as this is an unorthodox use of a J+S circulator.

i would bin the J+S and get full wet central heating in......but thats because im on a crusade to rid the world of the warm air heater. still got several thousand in my area to get rid of :LOL:

nickso said:
is this second hand? if so i wouldnt bother.

whats the kw rating on the janus?....there should be a metal tag attached to it that will tell you. i think it would struggle and pile through a lot of gas as this is an unorthodox use of a J+S circulator.
quote]

So what is the purpose of a JANUS water circulator?
I thought it was to run radiators?
Sorry not too clued up on this.

Sponsored Links
when its in a J+S its for heating a hot water tank...generally on a gravity circuit but theres nothing stopping it being pumped.

I seem to remember that they did a Hi Jan of 6kw for just what you need. Does the Hw and a few rads. J&S will advise.

Seen it done and it worked ok but think it must have been the bigger 6kw as 3kw seems a bit too small

I wouldn't bother, the circulators are normally designed to heat your hot water. Perhaps the new ones now have electric control but the early ones fired up everytime the cylinder temperature dropped ie only mechanical control.

The problem is they are a very small burner to fit in the warm air unit and being open flued they block up easily. Very few installers work on warm air and out of those very few do the servicing properly, hence most circulators I find have cooked due to blockage and require disconnection. (Cleaning them is one of the worst jobs to do so it doesn't get done).

A second hand one is unliklely to be of any value and who will want to fit it anyway (even if it is compatible).

is it not the Superjan circulator that was meant for heating rads ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back