JCC Fireguard downlights advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told that the JCC Fireguard lights are a good brand. Having the kitchen extension done and I will need about 30 downlights fitted. My thinking is that I will have halogen lights fitted to start with to keep cost sensible and then switch to LED when prices become more competitive in the future. Do JCC make a light fitting that will allow me to switch between halogen and LED by simply swapping the bulbs?

Sponsored Links
Some LED lamps are longer than the halogen equivalent, so the internal depth of the fitting and whether it has a fixed lampholder are the two things to check.

However why not fit some lighting that is actually fit for the purpose, rather than making 30 tiny holes in your new ceiling?

30 halogen lights will NOT be a cost effective option either, since the electricity costs will be vast.

Having the kitchen extension done and I will need about 30 downlights fitted.
Either:

1) You have a kitchen the size of a tennis court

or

2)You realise that you've decided to fit lights which aren't actually any good at lighting up rooms, but think the way out of that problem is to fit a huge number rather than change to a type which is fit for purpose.

Please read this:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2012913#2012913

TBH I'd be surprised if your BCO would let you get away with fitting all those halogen lights anyway...

Mike, JCC fire-rated downlights are a good quality product and as long as you ensure the LED lamps you buy are the same length as a GU10 halogen then you won't have a problem fitting them.
I can recommend these 3.2W SMD LED lamps - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/280745712783
I have a few and am really impressed with them, especially the spread of light.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Having the kitchen extension done and I will need about 30 downlights fitted.
Either:

1) You have a kitchen the size of a tennis court

or

2)You realise that you've decided to fit lights which aren't actually any good at lighting up rooms, but think the way out of that problem is to fit a huge number rather than change to a type which is fit for purpose.

Please read this:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2012913#2012913

TBH I'd be surprised if your BCO would let you get away with fitting all those halogen lights anyway...

Room is about 5M by 9M - kitchen/dinning area. Not quite tennis court but a good size. 30 is just my estimate and is possibly too high but I am trying to get an idea before meeting electrician tomorrow. Prepared to discuss options not just do as I am told :)

Like the idea of downlights across ceiling for visual effect.

JCC is a good choice for downlighters, they are a very reliable fitting. I would recommend the KSR LED (KSRLP855) retro fit lamps which fit these fittings. They come in 4.5Watt non dimmable and 4.9Watt dimmable. The dimmable option is always good for the dining area to create different mood settings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back