Jean Charles de Menezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Traces of cocaine were found in Jean Charles de Menezes after he was shot dead by firearms officers, a court has heard.I admit that I am a bit slow but what is the relevance of this revelation?
I've heard it on the news and read it in the papers, and?! :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thats a bit sloppy of the police marksmen keeping their bullets in the same pocket as their snuff.

Probably intended to reduce sympathy for him

Like the lies they told about him running into the station and jumping over the barriers, or wearing a big bulky coat.

Very strange that all the CCTV with which Tube station are festooned happened to be "out of order" that day, so there were no videotapes available.

Well, I'm not knocking the police here and the video's have been shown on the news tonight. the police man that shot him seven times in the head must have been scared to have reacted in that way as any of us would have been but he was wrong and just not the right man for the job.

Sponsored Links
I,m all in favour of a strong Police force, and immediate action to prevent
a tragedy.
But this man was pinned down and then executed, surely some one should be held accountable for this, but i will not hold my breath.

This is an inevitable consequence of the Government's over reaction to the terror threat.

Well, I'm not knocking the police here and the video's have been shown on the news tonight. the police man that shot him seven times in the head must have been scared to have reacted in that way as any of us would have been but he was wrong and just not the right man for the job.

no he was excatly the right man for the job. He acted on the information he had been given believing it to be accurate and true. His actions were and are accepted by security forces world wide as the only way to stop a suicide bomber.

Its the guy runining the show that needs his judgement questioned.

Just a thought , but were the police tested for drugs.!

yes they will have been and alcohol as well. standard procedure after any shooting

Ask yourselves this - would you like to be the one to make the decision?
no I wouldnt but then I wouldnt put myself up for the job and I'd hope that those that do are well prepared and trained for it, I admire what the police do these days but this worries me and I still don't understand the connection with drugs.
maybe all will become clear at the end of the day.

may not have any relevance, but it will be tested as standard at teh post mortem and i dont know what context it came up in during the court case, but it is normally a fact put before the court. they may feel it influenced his actions in the same way that they would feel it would influence the officers actions if he hads traces of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back