'Jeremy to tax robots'

Status
Not open for further replies.
When people worked hard, there was little social unrest, petty crime, or antisocial behaviour. .
Please explain when you imagine this fantasy golden age to have been. Was it in the 1950's?

Sponsored Links
It wont be big mechanical robots that cause job losses, it will be software/AI based so called chat bots. However, most of these will be replacing jobs already lost in the UK. Indian, romanian and chinese call centres etc.

Last edited:
They should put a tax on towing caravans on the road
push bikes used on the road should be taxed
horse owners that ride there horses on the road should be taxed.
Any one using loud lawn mowers should be taxed.
The dck ead bell ringers down the local church should be taxed for ringing there bells.
Any one wearing a hoody should be taxed & way har beeeee should be taxed :LOL:

Simple answer,, a tax on all PC's Mac's, tablets and smartphones.. A sure fire vote winner for Jeremy. Everybody's happy. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

As **** end and judith are throwing in some worthless comments, I thought I would:
Lawrence Summers thinks Bill Gates proposal is wrong -...?
Ann his wife does make some exceedingly good parties.

Throw us me coat out as well! o_O

Sponsored Links
As **** end and judith are throwing in some worthless comments, I thought I would:

Ann his wife does make some exceedingly good parties.

Throw us me coat out as well! o_O

I'll give you that one, I had to laugh :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Did you read the whole article?

Do you have a background in manufacturing industry?

List your opinions -preferably notable leading experts in industrial manufacture.

If robot tax is a good idea why did EU law makers turn it down? -please provide an explanation why they are wrong

Lawrence Summers thinks Bill Gates proposal is wrong -do you think Summers has no experience to form a valid justification for that?

So you listed lawrence Summers who is is an economist with a chequered past - what did he do to Harvard Endowment? Go read the history of his bad policy errors.

I no doubt you read Summers argument from the FT.

You still don't see what the issue is. What happens when the link between labour and capital breaks down. Gates put forward a proposal - albeit a temporary one - something which you cannot understand. Its clear as day you don't know what you are on about.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/c...y-robert-j--shiller-2017-03?barrier=accessreg

Btw Shiller is a Nobel Laureate.

You are either scaremongering with the idea of taxation or you don't fully understand the implications.

Are you unable to understand the point?

You seems you want to know what other people do for a living.

No doubt you are wanting to share what you do for a living and what sort of economics background you have

Yes. So what is your background?

So you listed lawrence Summers who is is an economist with a chequered past - what did he do to Harvard Endowment? Go read the history of his bad policy errors.

I no doubt you read Summers argument from the FT.

You still don't see what the issue is. What happens when the link between labour and capital breaks down. Gates put forward a proposal - albeit a temporary one - something which you cannot understand. Its clear as day you don't know what you are on about.

https://www.project-syndicate.org/c...y-robert-j--shiller-2017-03?barrier=accessreg

Btw Shiller is a Nobel Laureate.

You are either scaremongering with the idea of taxation or you don't fully understand the implications.

It seems the EU dont understand the implication either.

Please explain to me why they are wrong? Its as clear as day they dont know what they are going on about

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...for-robot-law-rejects-robot-tax-idUSKBN15V2KM

It seems the EU dont understand the implication either.

Please explain to me why they are wrong? Its as clear as day they dont know what they are going on about

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...for-robot-law-rejects-robot-tax-idUSKBN15V2KM

Did you read Shiller argument. Which is what I am trying you to understand.

"But let’s not rule out so quickly at least modest robot taxes during the transition to a different world of work. Such a tax should be part of a broader plan to manage the consequences of the robotics revolution."

As to the EU and your article.

1) Its admission that they want to control robots - ergo the new regulations.
2) The resolution is a recommendation not yet implemented.

Also the EU is monitoring the situation in South Korea and their limiting of tax incentives for robots.

So again can address the issue - the breakdown of the link between labour and capital? As you seem to focus on tax on robots as a singular issue and miss the wider point. Can you tell me the externalities of robots displacing labour?

You seem to have a strange idea of who is causing social unres

Sorry EFL, that came across in the wrong manner; I'm not arguing what's causing social unrest, more a case of some people with too much time on their hand, struggle to fill it sensibly, and have lost their moral compass. And less work time, will mean more people sitting on their rear ends doing nothing, and they lose a sense of purpose.

or they could go to the gym, take up cycling, walking, sailing etc...

Sorry EFL, that came across in the wrong manner; I'm not arguing what's causing social unrest, more a case of some people with too much time on their hand, struggle to fill it sensibly, and have lost their moral compass.
That won't be people in work, though, will it?

And less work time, will mean more people sitting on their rear ends doing nothing, and they lose a sense of purpose.
Generally there is not less work time (Tomorrow's World was wrong) unless you count zero hours contracts.

Yep, and this is why
hpc-jpg2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back