'Jeremy to tax robots'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
That won't be people in work, though, will it

No.

Generally there is not less work time (Tomorrow's World was wrong)

Yes, they were wrong, but some of the stories I've listened to lately, suggest that their prophecy is getting closer. As motorbiking suggested, the foreign call centres could be replaced by chat bots, and there are obviously companies in this country that would use them, so as with the computer revolution, we'd repalce some people, and replace those jobs with the technicians. And the new house building robots will improve productivity without getting rid of anyone, but if the Bill Gates of this world say that the chages need slowing down, then there's going to be fairly dramatic changes that ould cause some problems. The next 10 years could be interesting

Has anyone got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home yet.

As **** end and judith are throwing in some worthless comments, I thought I would:
Well, being as "robots/ AI are all computer based/ operated, it's not unreasonable to assume a government will tax computer technology at some point. (or do you not see the bigger picture here?)

Sponsored Links
Well, being as "robots/ AI are all computer based/ operated, it's not unreasonable to assume a government will tax computer technology at some point. (or do you not see the bigger picture here?)
You need to stand back a bit to see the bigger picture. With your nose touching the canvas, all you will see is your own shadow!

You will upset **** end with your silly comments. Do not forget that washing machines have a PCB!
**** end will have a fit if his favorite subjects are loaded with extra tax.
And central heating programmers, and boilers have PCBs so his BraFriend will also be having a hissy fit!

No.

Yes, they were wrong, but some of the stories I've listened to lately, suggest that their prophecy is getting closer. As motorbiking suggested, the foreign call centres could be replaced by chat bots, and there are obviously companies in this country that would use them, so as with the computer revolution, we'd repalce some people, and replace those jobs with the technicians. And the new house building robots will improve productivity without getting rid of anyone, but if the Bill Gates of this world say that the chages need slowing down, then there's going to be fairly dramatic changes that ould cause some problems. The next 10 years could be interesting

Has anyone got an Amazon Alexa or Google Home yet.

Would a chat bot be easier to understand than an indian call centre? :):):)

Dont have an Amazon Alexa, but do have voice control in the car -which can alter volume control. So it takes 1 button to activate voice control from the steering wheel so I can speak and say a volume, or I can just use the button on the steering wheel to adjust it directly.....Mmmm how useful :mrgreen:

Do not forget that washing machines have a PCB!
And central heating programmers, and boilers have PCBs so his BraFriend will also be having a hissy fit!
Hmmmmm , I think there's a bit of a difference between PCB's and computer/ IT equipment. Our CH programmer has a PCB in it, but isn't comparable to a computer/ industrial robot in any shape or form. Anyway mentioning washing machines, might get you worried (unless your wife still goes to the laundrette) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You need to stand back a bit to see the bigger picture. With your nose touching the canvas, all you will see is your own shadow!

You will upset **** end with your silly comments. Do not forget that washing machines have a PCB!

There should be an import tariff on iphones. I dont know, plucking a figure out of the air, a starting figure of 219% sounds about right

Hmmmmm , I think there's a bit of a difference between PCB's and computer/ IT equipment. Our CH programmer has a PCB in it, but isn't comparable to a computer/ industrial robot in any shape or form.
You think, but you are not sure. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You are showing your ignorance again. :rolleyes:
A computer (motherboard) is (in general terms) a PCB with components added that serves the role as the central main board.
The PCB in heating programmers, etc, have limited purpose functions with little opportunity to add other components, other than what is added at manufacturing stage to process that limited function. Whereas you can add other components to a PCB in a computer, only because that is built into the PCB at manufacturing stage.

An apple is not comparable to a banana in any shape or form, but they are both fruit.

You think, but you are not sure. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You are showing your ignorance again. :rolleyes:
A computer (motherboard) is (in general terms) a PCB with components added that serves the role as the central main board.
The PCB in heating programmers, etc, have limited purpose functions with little opportunity to add other components, other than what is added at manufacturing stage to process that limited function. Whereas you can add other components to a PCB in a computer, only because that is built into the PCB at manufacturing stage.

An apple is not comparable to a banana in any shape or form, but they are both fruit.

He said 'I think theres a bit of difference' because he was being sarcastic. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately you were too busy ranting to notice. Wot a donut! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You should have considered this:

You need to stand back a bit to see the bigger picture. With your nose touching the canvas, all you will see is your own shadow

He said 'I think theres a bit of difference' because he was being sarcastic. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately you were too busy ranting to notice. Wot a donut! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

You should have considered this:
Are you trying to bail out judith because she made a fool of herself? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
What a pair of doughnuts! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Would a chat bot be easier to understand than an indian call centr

As long as they don't build in an indian accent, then it should be.

Actually, they are both PCBs, (printed citrcuit boards, just designed to do different things. The worry, would be when every PCB would have to have a certain chip in it to add confomity to others, rather than having a set of parameter for them all to implement. I saw a picture of a guys hands, and he had an NFC chip embedded in each one, and another had one that allowed him to open his door when he touched the handle. How long before science fiction becomes science fact, and you load up the credit card in your hand; the IOT is the last thing to worry about as far as I can see.

There should be an import tariff on iphones. I dont know, plucking a figure out of the air, a starting figure of 219% sounds about right

Similar to Trump's proposed tariff on Bombardier aircraft, which is 219.63%

Bombardier have a factory in Belfast.

Is there a mobile phone factory in England?

The US believe that Bombardier is in competition with Boeing, which they want to protect with trade barriers.

Didn't Trump applaud Brexit and say that he would get a yuge, yuge trade treaty with the dUK?

It's not just chlorinated chicken they want to protect.

Plucky little Britain will have a hard job trying to negotiate with the mighty US.

Similar to Trump's proposed tariff on Bombardier aircraft, which is 219.63%

Bombardier have a factory in Belfast.

Is there a mobile phone factory in England?

The US believe that Bombardier is in competition with Boeing, which they want to protect with trade barriers.

more fake news & propaganda from :rolleyes:

Didn't Trump applaud Brexit and say that he would get a yuge, yuge trade treaty with the dUK?

It's not just chlorinated chicken they want to protect.

Plucky little Britain will have a hard job trying to negotiate with the mighty US.

Boeing brought the complaint under US law . Trump has nout to do with it . the law was the law in the US prior to Trump taking office ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back