Jig Saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a decent cordless Jig Saw? Just had my mains powered one lifted and need something that's good with making curves and taking corners off 12mm sheath, marine ply etc

Sponsored Links
Not controlled by budget really
Currently have Durafix, drill and impact drivers with Li-on batteries

Sponsored Links
I have the Makita 18volt lithium one (BJV180) - but that's mainly because my drills, cordless SDS, cordless circular, etc are all on the same battery system. On the plus side it handles just like the corded version (4350FCT), on the minus side the blade can wander a little and the batteries don't last too long. I've tried the cordless jiggers from both DW (DW330KL) and Bosch (GST18V-Li) and I really don't think there's a lot between then in terms of build quality and battery life. They ALL suffer a little from blade flexing, but then so do their mains counterparts. My own mains jigsaw is a Bosch GST135BCE whioch has an extra lower blade guard to reduce blade flex, and that jigsaw is better than any jigsaw which doesn't have an extra lower guide (in reality only the GST135BCE and Festool jigsaws have this feature). short of spending £400or so on a Festool Prion cordless jigsaw you'll not get perfection with thicker materials, and even there using the correct fresh, sharp blade for the cut will yield dividends in the quality of cut. BTW I'm perfectly happy with my Makita. Most of the cuts it makes are in 3 to 12mm MDF, plywood and the like for which it works well. If I need to start cutting 40mm worktops I try to use the corded Bosch as it is a far more appropriate tool

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back