Jigsaw BOSCH GST 160 CE problem with gear

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I have a bosch jigsaw GST 160 CE, I wanted to send it to Bosch, to replace the cabel, so I thought they will replace this for free, but they didn't, they wanted to charge my for 40e, so I demanded to send it back. So they did, but when I recived a tool it was already unscrewed. But anyway I replaced cabel, it's working but really loud.
So I started cleaning inside and checking what could go wrong and I discovered that this part which is on the picture, doesn't move so well. I have no idea what should I do with this. As i said a already clean this and put a lot of oli, but it didn't change anything.
I would appreciate any advise!
Julia
2.jpg
36514108_10217009179166384_2201614757214027776_n.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't think Bosch should replace your cable for free Julia - but never mind.
Anyway, your jigsaw motor spins round, and this circular motion is converted to reciprocal by the part that you have there. I'd suggest that either a shim or a bearing has become displaced during disassembly which has caused the excess noise. Does the stroke of the machine seem the same? Often the plunging head assembly is only available as a complete unit.
You'd use grease to lubricate rather than oil, and that also quietens things down a little.
As this is a professional product, I'd be inclined to return it to Bosch - but it won't be cheap I'm afraid.
John :)

Thank you John for quick answer :). Yes I know they wouldn't do it for free, but I didn't expect that it'd be so expensive.

Everything seems to work fine, the stroke works the same as before. Only part that I have problem with is this part from picture. It looks like it gets stuck inside this black case. It's moving, but hardly.
Motor can't spin round smoothly, it hits in every move this part from picture and it's creating noise.
As I said it's working, but I'm afraid that while long use it would burn.

After all I will send it back, but I want to try to fix it.
Julia
36540476_10217011155015779_7709465201103339520_n.jpg

Initially I would have suggested that you complain to Bosch on the basis that it was given to them fully assembled and working, other than needing a new cable - but was returned to you partially disassembled and not working properly. However, you now appear to have further disassembled it so have lost that opportunity - as John says the most probable cause is a part in the wrong place or not located properly. If you're reasonably handy and do a search for spare parts for your model you should find a full skematic diagram which may help you to check it is all going together correctly.

Sponsored Links
I can only assume that the shiny shaft that we see there has become bent for some reason, maybe due to incorrect assembly / over tightening maybe.
Until that issue is sorted, the machine won't perform well at all.
Perhaps cdbe is correct but I've no idea what sort of reception you'll get!
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back