Job done

S

Snickers180

I have just completed swapping all light switches in the house from plastic to metal, well all except one.

Following advice from others I connected all earts to the switch plate and fitted a fly lead to the backbox.

But not sure why I did it that way, other than a spark friend advised that it should be done that way and a quick look in the wiki confirmed it.

Q. Why not fit the earth to the backbox and then a fly from backbox to switch plate?

Sponsored Links
Have a think about it carefully.

Say you are removing it from the wall and the feed is loose and it comes into contact with the metal plate that you are now holding. In this case which bit would you rather have directly connected to the CPC and MET?

Have a think about it carefully.

Say you are removing it from the wall and the feed is loose and it comes into contact with the metal plate that you are now holding. In this case which bit would you rather have directly connected to the CPC and MET?

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
The normal back box screw terminals are poo at the best of times, if they were better quality then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back