Joining Block Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an old shed that used to be a garage. It has a concrete base and the walls are made of concrete sheets (500mm x 1000mm approx) bolted together on 3 walls, with the 4th wall being a wooden garage door (so you could get the car in :) )

This wooden door has now rotted away to nothing and I want to build up a solid wall instead (there's now no longer any car access to use it as a garage).

I've got 440mm blocks and am all ready to go with a single skin 100m wall but unsure how to join the new wall to the existing structure and floor (so I don't just build a big solid wall that can be pushed/wobble over! :eek:).

Do I need to bolt-join the new wall to the walls and floor etc. or am I worrying about nothing?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
This should do it, also known as Wall Starter kit. Just bolt it to the pre-cast slab.

once the wall has gone off you could always drill and fix some galvanized metal angle, linking the two walls at the internal corner abutment.

or just buy some fish tail door cramps much cheaper than the starter pack

Sponsored Links
NS215 said:
or just buy some fish tail door cramps much cheaper than the starter pack

Any metal tying system would do, I suppose if its going to be a story height some straps to the roof might not go amiss. No dpc on the other walls though , might get a bit damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back