Joining click flooring with the lock system cut off?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve completed my hallway with engineered wood flooring, however to do under the doorways i`ve cut the lip of one of the rows of the floor so that I can slide the row under the doorways and then pull it back into place ( at the front door there are three pieces wide, the rest is just one piece in width).

However when I pull the rows back into place as a dry run preparing to glue them together. I have a problem that the rows don`t meet perfectly, even with trying to knock them together using the fitting kit and also with the ratchet system. There seems to be a gap of maybe upto a millimetre, but it stands out, I have sanded the edges, maybe I should sand it further?

So what are your suggestions?

P.S. When I say I`ve cut the lip off, I mean that of the tongue part of the locking system I`ve cut of the lip ( around 3mm in height, 7mm accross).

Thanks

Vertical

Sponsored Links
theres a fair chance one of the grooves has some rubbish in it clean them out properly
could also be the underlay has looped up and got caught

After a second look, the gap is less than 1mm maybe even 0.5 mm but it looks like its 3 time the size of the gaps in the rows joined with the click system (the click system seems to pull the rows in tightly). Altough I still haven`t took it apart again and had a look at the grooves. Hopefully I`ll get some time to look at it over the weekend.

Thanks

Vertical

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back