Laminate Floor in doorways

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I'm fitting laminate flooring and it runs at 90 degrees to a doorway, it's pretty straight forward handling the doorway: trim the architrave, cut a profile and slide under.
However, when the flooring is parallel to the doorway I've yet to think of an easy solution.
To avoid leaving a gap either side I cut under the door lining and slide a piece under. I then cut the tongues off a second piece, butt it up and then slide both back along about 10mm so no gaps show by either door lining. It's a lot of mucking about though, has anyone got a better method?
many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Vonnell, you are on the right track.
Sliding the last piece in the gap is the simplest way to do this. Cut it to size, don't cut the piece in front of it

Sponsored Links
Cheers flooringman01. Do you measure up so that the pieces are only in the doorway and not projecting into the room?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back