joining into gulley for rainwater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,

after some advice on how to connect into an existing gulley to allow for a new rainwater pipe. the gulley is old clay. do i simply use a grinder to cut into the top and drop a connection in?

i've found a connector in the merchants that has a grid on the top and runs standard soil pipe connection which i figured i would drop somehow into the top of the clay pipe.

am i vaguely on the right tracks or a mile off???

cheers.

Sponsored Links
Rainwater should really go to a soakaway approximately 3.5m(?) away from the building

Sponsored Links
Rainwater should really go to a soakaway approximately 3.5m(?) away from the building

hummm because of the location it isn't possible... it's either not in my boundary or it's under the house etc... there isn't anywhere within that radius... and if it went further then it would be a right ball ache as digging up entire drive to route the water... :)

surely this isn't that rare? the rest of the house if fed pretty mucht the same way, there is one downpipe i think that goes to soakaway to the rear & that's it.

ta

Usually required by Building Control, if its a new pipe for a new roof it ought to go into a soakaway thats 5m from any building. They won't normally let you drain new rainwater into existing sewers foul or surface water.
Anyhoo, it has been a bit slow on this Forum lately, drainage isn't really my forte but have a look here: http://www.pavingexpert.com/drain04.htm

the first preference is drainage to a soakaway if thats not possible, to an existing watercourse, stream etc if thats not possible either last choice is tto run it into the sewer. If BC are satisfied that 1 or 2 is not possible then they should be fine with you connecting into the existing RW system.

You need a plastic bottle gully, a pair of salt glaze - plastic connectors and a grinder.

Then all you need is the know how.:cool: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back