'Joining' parquet to another flooring surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondered if anyone can offer any advice.
At the moment we have two rooms across the back wall of our house - a 12ft wide lounge (with parquet) and a 18ft wide kitchen (tiled floor). We plan to extend back a couple of metres but not extend the dividing wall (so it's open plan at the end between the rooms).
I was hoping someone might be able to advise what to do with the parquet - or rather the join between the parquet and another floor surface. I don't want to take up the parquet but not sure how the transition to another surface will work (or look).

Sponsored Links
Hi! I believe the solution to your problem is hidden somwhere in this article of parquet floor restoration

They have many advices on installation, sanding, repairs so just read the website or call them. I used their services twice and I can assure you they know what they are doing :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back