Joint Edges showing on wallpapering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using a brown patterned paper the joints are showing a white line. the butted edges are close and it is not an overlap problem.
It looks as though the top printed layer is minutely narrower than the bottom layer so that when the bottoms are butted, there is a fine white line still showing.
Any suggestions or solutions would be welcomed.
(Wife is pretty skilled and has not had this problem before! )

Sponsored Links
Did you soak the paper as per Instructions, or maybe dried out too quick, or is it a Vinyl paper ?

I suspect the paper has shrunk.

Taking a sample of the paper, go to an artist's supplies shop and get some water-soluble crayons in the colours you need. There are hundreds of shades to choose from.

They enable you to colour the joins so that they no longer show as white.

I know this because I have just hung 10 rolls of very expensive Zoffany paper, and the product label actually advises that this might be necessary!

Sponsored Links
They used to sell coloured crayons years ago for white paper edges. Some of the newer type feature wall papers tend to have white edges and can be a pain in the behind. Ive seen it where decorators have painted lines on the wall where the joins are going to be just in case the paper contracts slightly showing the lighter edge.
Emilybronte is spot on :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back