Jointing Compound that Sets

boss white and hemp

once its on the threads you could move head 1/4 turn left or right

and it wont leak

Umm sorry I'm not sure you know what I mean.

I dont want the shower arm to move at all, I want it screwed in tight so it wont move. This is one of those fixed shower heads that stick out about 18 inches from the wall. It is also only about 2 inches from the ceiling.

The shower head itself has a pivoting joint for movement so thats ok.

glasgowgas means when you put boss white & hemp on it you tighten it until it is tight and if slightly out of line you can move it back till it is line and it wont leak

cheers kirky that is indeed wot i meant

Sponsored Links
shame hemp is against the water regs. was a proven sealer. and most thirty plus, year old joints still benefit from it.

shame hemp is against the water regs. was a proven sealer. and most thirty plus, year old joints still benefit from it.

if you dont tell then neither will i!!!!

only suggested as it is not potable water (drinking water)

Sponsored Links
to OP

do NOT use boss white and hemp

you could potentially die

i should not have posted this, i still have lead pipes supplying my property
and it has obviously affected my napper,my mothers napper (god rest her) and my grannies napper

in fact ban me. ban the witch

OK...if you want something bulletproof and WRAS compliant, go here http://www.bazaarbuilder.com/cgi-bin/instoneb/myshop.php?catparid=9&merchant=instoneb#

Scroll down until you get to "Fast Cure Pipe Seal 58-11". Try not to look too hard at the price... It'll functionally cure in two to three hours at summer room temperatures and is approved for use on just about everything including potable water, and gas up to 26 bar. Full cure is about 24 hours so I'd recommend not using your shower for a day after you've used this if possible. Otherwise there's an activator that speeds it up, but it really depends how much you're prepared to spend...

It's only available as a 50ml tub I think, but stick the rest on eBay and I'm sure someone here will buy it.

Hope this helps

I might just put a small piece of hemp on eBay :idea: Money for old rope

Wouldn't silicone work? - give it 24hrs to cure.
Or that new fangled "lumberjack" adhesive - slightly foaming/expanding pu that sticks like stuff and is waterproof.

Thanks for all the replies.

I've done it now... 3 or 3 fiber washers, about half a roll of PTFE and some threadlock in the last couple of threads.

Time will tell....

If it does fail, i'll find some adhesive and just stick the pipe to the tiles where it comes through.... yeehaa!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back