Joule Cyclone indirect cylinder sizing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of getting the Joule Cyclone short 200l to go with my Intergas ECORF24 (as suggested by a few of you on here). I'm looking at the short version because i only have a little over 1.3m below the boiler and the short 200 should fit as it is 1150mm tall. What concerns me is the diameter (600mm). That will fit, but will stick out a lot below the boiler. The alternative is to get the 150l (at 530 diameter), but that's 25% less capacity!

How much will pipework add to the diameter?

Sponsored Links
I'm thinking of getting the Joule Cyclone short 200l to go with my Intergas ECORF24 (as suggested by a few of you on here). I'm looking at the short version because i only have a little over 1.3m below the boiler and the short 200 should fit as it is 1150mm tall. What concerns me is the diameter (600mm). That will fit, but will stick out a lot below the boiler. The alternative is to get the 150l (at 530 diameter), but that's 25% less capacity!

How much will pipework add to the diameter?
Depends where the trappings are.
Some cylinders can be rotated so all connections/trappings are in the sides.

Sorry, what do you mean by trappings?

Accessing the immersion heater shouldn't be a problem assuming its at the front (as utility room is 2m wide). I just can't have it sticking out much more than 600mm in it's fixed position (because there is a door on one side). Another 100mm would just about be ok i guess, but i'd rather that were at the side if poss.

Sponsored Links
Get an oso super S all connections on the top.

100mm will just about do it.

But we're fighting blind with the amount of information you've provided.

Sorry, hopefully attached drawing will help. FYI, boiler has gone on the stud partition (as opposed to external) wall.

Attachments

• utility.jpg
    utility.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 131
And the rest of the hot water outlets? Control strategy?
Not sure what you mean by "rest of the hot water outlets ". But i will have a manifold in the Utility for UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.
Re controls, i will be automating by means of relays. Same system (Fibaro) as for lighting.

Not sure what you mean by "rest of the hot water outlets ". But i will have a manifold in the Utility for UFH downstairs and rads upstairs.
Re controls, i will be automating by means of relays. Same system (Fibaro) as for lighting

Seems like you have it all sorted,sounds an interesting project.
Maybe post progress photos so further advice can be given here.
Good luck,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back