Jubosil?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone used this stuff and is it any good?

My house rendering is blown in a few areas and I've had a quote to hack off the loose patches of tyrolene and make good with HP Polymer mortar then have 2 coats of Jubosil on top. I'm told that is will be colour fast and waterproof for 15 years. The quote seems reasonable if it works, I'm a bit more wary than I would usually be having spent £15K re-rendering the house only 5 years ago :(

Sponsored Links
afraid so :( To be honest it was the best quote at the time and included a separate garage and small outbuilding.

I live just outside Harrogate and we seem to pay more for everything over here as builders/tradesmen presume we're all loaded.

Any comments on the Jubosil?

Sponsored Links
good its not just me thats not herd of it before diddnt want to seem stupid now do i :oops: :LOL: .
it sounds like a paint to me but like i said im not to sure what special qualitys did your renderer say it would provide or did they not give you any details about the product??

what is it m8,paint,to be honest ive never heard of it!
JUBOSIL ANTIK is an exterior waterborne silicate translucent façade paint in accordance with DIN 18363. It is alkaline resistant, highly water-repellent and resistant to all climate conditions, it has good water vapor permeability. JUBOSIL ANTIK is intended for a decorative treatment of façade and interior fine plastered wall surfaces. The distinctive transparency of the paint and special technique of application give the surface an interesting old look

Good ole' thing that google matey :LOL: .

I'm still none the wiser then. Sounds like it might be OK for what I need though, decisions.... decisions :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back