Junction box height for garden lighting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've had some work done in my house and the builder ran me a junction box from the consumer unit to the garden for some led lighting. Its in conduit down the side of my garden and terminates in a weatherproof junction box.

My question is - is there a minimum height I should use to mount that junction box onto my fence (Ideally I don't want it too high, so its more discrete, however I'm sure it can't be too low as it would risk potential moisture issues).

Following on from this, to connect garden LED floodlights, would I run cable in conduit to smaller junction boxes, and from each of these I can connect the LED floodlights (I need 3 on each side of the garden spaced about 1.5m apart).

Thanks,

Tim

Sponsored Links
Some junction boxes can be used under ground, so all depends on the junction box you have, Blagdon do a power safe range, designed to get around the Welsh Part P law, these are claimed to be water proof.

Any electrical installation must be installed in a safe manner suitable for the environment. So your junction boxes and any associated cabling should be where they won’t be damaged by gardening works, and away from danger of flooding.
Cables may need to be in conduit, or a suitable type, such as steel wire armoured.

There is no specific minimum height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back