Junction Box & Linked Mains Smoke Detectors

Sponsored Links
I don't believe any British standards are mandatory.
Are they not when they apply to some actual goods being sold?

e.g. even if it is not mandatory to supply an item of equipment with a "13A 3-pin fused plug" attached, if you do aren't you obliged to supply a plug which complies with BS 1363?

Sponsored Links
Fine, then say that "For me the easiest/most practical/most sensible way to comply with the Building Regulations is to install interlinked alarms".

Do not say "Part B of building regs only asks for interlinked alarms in new dwellings or where there are material alterations".

Most people would consider the approved document to be "the building regs", however to be pedantic than you are correct.

I think my 2nd post was pretty clear, and I stand by it.

It's not pedantry.

The Approved Documents are not the Building Regulations, a fact which is not changed no matter how many ignorant people consider that they are.

This cuts right to the heart of the rottenness that afflicts the plumbing forum - as soon as you start lying to people because you cannot be bothered to explain things properly to them you risk devaluing every other single piece of advice you give.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back