Junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could someone let me know if I got this right :LOL:

I want to add an external socket to the garden, I have 4 lights that are wired in along 2 fences, the lights are wired with what looks similar to armour cable/heavy duty cable.

The lights have been installed by a pro and are installed very well, they are switched on from a switch in the kitchen

I have uploaded a diagram of what I was thinking of doing (if possible).

Could I install an external switch to the lights, but before the switch, install a junction to run the external socket from. I know that I will have to switch the lights on from inside when using the socket, but the socket will be used rarely (cutting grass etc) This will give me a supply to the socket when needed and let me turn the lights off when using the socket

If that makes sense :?:

sorry for the small diagram but you can see what i was planning

SOCKET.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sorry you cannot do what you plan to do.
You cannot mix sockets and lights on a lighting circuit.
You can mix sockets and lights on a socket circuit.

What you plan to do would require building control authorisation either directly through yourself or via a registered electrician.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back