Junction box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I've got two new wall lights to put at the front of the house.
I want them to go back to a switch I've got in the garage. that used to go to a lantern in the porch.

My issue is what is the thing I need to connect the two lights up? As in a sort of "T shape" 2 into 1 junction box.

So I'd like my mains to go into the junction box and in that there would be two lots of connection terminals to feed the two outside lights. Am I making sense?

What do I need to buy?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Is there a neutral present at the switch location ? If there is why not connect up there ?

Thankyou for your reply.

The Switch location is further away so didnt want two cables running back to the switch.
My plan was one cable from mains in to switch then out from switch to a central location junction box and then to the two lights. Wondered what junction box thing I'd need.

If the junction box is accessible ( not buried in a wall or under floorboards etc) then all you need is a 3 terminal junction box ,20 amp rating would have larger terminals to accommodate the wiring. A basic round junction Box would do .
If it's not accessible a maintenance free Junction box must be used.
If you are using the existing switch to extend from there would need to be a neutral present there .

Sponsored Links
Thankyou. That's great. I will pick one of those up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back