junk

B

breezer

is it just me or does everyone acumilate a load of what can only really be called junk.
You know the sort of thing that "will be usefull one day" but "one day" never arrives.

mate of mine moaned when i got a zip drive, he prefers cdr's now what has he got? a zip drive because one you have "burnt a cd" that's it (yes i know you can get cdrw's)

but why do we collect all this junk?

not to mention old manuals for stuff that is obsolete that you will NEVER use (not even for refernce)
I have got loads of emails, but what do you do with them, most are "jokes / funny pictures" but after a while and several viewings, they are no longer funny

how many websites do you have in "favorites" but never view them?

does any one else have any old junk? (what have you kept over the years) and what do you do with it?

Sponsored Links
One of the true mystries of life. However if you throw stuff away or even sell it, it's odds on favourite, you'll need it the very next week regardless of how long it's not been used.

My pet hate is lofts, what is the point of a loft ?

Average contents, Water tank, expansion tank, and two tonnes of useless sh*t.

A 'kin housefull !! It has gone beyond 'I may just need that' To 'What the hell do I do with all this stuff ?' ;)
Time for the 5 S's Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and ****suke.
You can apply TQM !!
http://www.saferpak.com/fives_art7.htm#intro

Anyone out there in a modern company will have been into the 5 S's, taking photos before and after tidy up -- becoming 'order geeks' --- Twas great 'doing' areas other than one's own - deliberately bunging everything especially if it looked remotely useful ... :evil:

Our home bins, due to hols, not being emptied 'til 5th jan - next 'kin year !! While the council lot are having parties - so much for the customer - we do not know the meaning of the word in UK ... We really must be 'Punters' taking a chance on recieving some sort of service !!

P

Sponsored Links
I was 19 before I threw out all my exercise books dating back to year 7! My parents' loft also contains large amounts of my clothing from when I wore my jeans with a 30" waist (as opposed to a 30" thigh!), and also several cubic metres of Lego.

It is good to throw things out every now and then, but there are some things that you will always want to keep.

One thing that I still mean to throw out is an attempt at homebrewing from 3 years back... brewed some red wine at a really cold temperature, which means instead of making ethanol it has produced some other (rather harmful) organic compounds. Enough so that the one mouthful I got when syphoning it into the bottles was enough to give me a headache for 3 days. Yet I still have a gallon of the stuff up in my loft. Why?! :LOL: :eek:

There's a box in my attic that hasn't been unpacked for the last 4 house moves. It's a huge box yet the only item I can remember being in it is a small set-top aerial (I now have cable). And I only remember that because a mate needs one and I keep meaning to drag it out for him. What else is in there? Who knows. Will the box move around with me for the rest of my life? Probably!

At least my loft contains about four spare kitchen cab doors (do not ask!!) A large bin-liner of xmas decorations and three cardboard boxes of paperbacks. ... is all ... Following our last house move I said, and meant, "No more grand scale loft storage" ...
P

One word...

ebay

If someone can sell a 'nearly full' packet of cigarettes, I'm sure you could sell Yorkshire Fittings, a TV aerial and a ZIP drive!

Maybe give the proceeds to the Asian disaster fund?

Sponsored Links
Back