Just a quick question regarding borders and their removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From the tone of most who post on the site the use of adhesive borders are disliked, due to the fact they leave a mess when removed. My question is this. We moved into a new house and there was a border onto plasterboard walls which had been painted, therefore after removing parts of the paint came of and some of the border remains. Whats the best way to approach this when repainting? I was planning on the following:
1: Remove border and as much of the adhesive a possible
2: Sand down the rest to a point
3: Fill those areas where the paint came off
4: Liningpaper

Is the above Ok? Do I need to fill if I intend to line (the indent isn't that much) and what is the grade of lining paper recommended? I thought about 1000-1400

Thanks for your replies

Cheers

Zooming

Sponsored Links
Sounds pretty good and thorough enough to me..100 grade should be fine..just make sure you leave it to soak for long enough (about ten minutes)

Youll probably still need to fill..lining paper isnt a cure all and the thickness of a paper nearly always shows through

Zampa

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to avoid having to line the room, but the paste remains and trying to scrap causes more problems with paint coming of.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yep that stuff is a pig to shift...try really not water on it with a dash of washing up liquid...then give it a rub with a scourer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back