What to use on border if I want to easily remove it later?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey everyone,

I want to put a wallpaper border up in a nursey onto a wall that is painted. I know that in a couple of years (max) I will want to take the border down, but I don't want to have to repaint the wall when I do remove it.

Is there anything on the market that I can use as a paste that will make it easy to remove the border?

A friend has said to use egg whites...But I think he's winding me up!!

Cheers
Glenn

Sponsored Links
Hey everyone,

I want to put a wallpaper border up in a nursey onto a wall that is painted. I know that in a couple of years (max) I will want to take the border down, but I don't want to have to repaint the wall when I do remove it.

Is there anything on the market that I can use as a paste that will make it easy to remove the border?

A friend has said to use egg whites...But I think he's winding me up!!

Cheers
Glenn

So do I!

Alot of borders now are low tack and easily removed..without tearing off a layer of skim!

Failing that if the walls have emuslion on them, stick ordinary border on using standard adhesive such as solvite or polycell.

There used to be a stuff on the market called quick release..im not sure if you added it to te paste or painted it on first, waxed based which would soften when the paper was wetted in with warm water..ive never used it though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back