just had carpet fitted and theres a problem. help

bmx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just had a grey carpet fitted in my conservatory. paid £20 a yard plus fitting. had to pay the shop upfront on my credit card. when the fitters had finished i noticed a crease line all the way down the 4m length of the room about 18 inch from the skirting board also this last 18 inch appears a different shade slightly darker. i have called the shop and they say it will go in a couple of days, 3 days later and it is no different. i purposfully have not put any furniture back in the room, what can i do. have i any rights as a consumer with a fitted carpet. is it possible it will dissapear? why should i have to wait, it should have been right when fitted surely ? any help

Sponsored Links
This can happen - especially at this time of year.

It is easily fixed - the fitter just needs to re-stretch it - contact the shop to arrange this.
You will be lucky to get this done before xmas though.

We usually like to let a carpet acclimatise to its new home for at least a week - the shop told it would "go away" and indeed it may do

No they are not trying to scam you!

Sounds more like a pole line - caused when the carpet is rolled around a tube, the edge of the carpet inside the roll sits of the pile causing a line ans can sometimes appear to show shading from one side to the other. If it is a pole mark it will disappear but takes time, the more you vacumm it the quicker it'll go.

Yes, normally I would agree that it is maybe a pole line, but the OP mentioned a crease.....

....either way it should settle, and if not the shop should happily send the fitter back, given that this year has finally ended up "busy" he may have to wait until January though ;)

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like a pole line - caused when the carpet is rolled around a tube, the edge of the carpet inside the roll sits of the pile causing a line ans can sometimes appear to show shading from one side to the other. If it is a pole mark it will disappear but takes time, the more you vacumm it the quicker it'll go.

Sounds like a pole mark to me also.

If it was a crease then there should be no shading as such.

This is why i always point out pole marks to the customer before its installed so they understand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back