Bubbles under carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had my carpet fitted 2 weeks ago, the other day i noticed 2 pockets of air formed under the carpet which could be pushed down, like rippled almost.

They have now dissapeared, should i still get the carpet fitter to come out and restretch it or does this happen with new carpet?

How can i check if its tight enough before getting him out?

Sponsored Links
It may have relaxed down. If it is wool with a hessian back, you could sprinkle the bubbles with water and they will shrink down as they dry.

If there are actual ripples, try to push them to the edges of the room as you hoover, or it may need more stretching.

It may have relaxed down. If it is wool with a hessian back, you could sprinkle the bubbles with water and they will shrink down as they dry.

If there are actual ripples, try to push them to the edges of the room as you hoover, or it may need more stretching.
Its polypropelene with hessian back

'mmmm

you could try, but I don't think it will shrink. Polypropylene will withstand hot water.

Sponsored Links
'mmmm

you could try, but I don't think it will shrink. Polypropylene will withstand hot water.
Its gone now it just went away but its got me concerned the rest of the carpet isent tight??

If it was correctly stretched it should not form any ripples in the carpet, that is the whole point in stretching it in the first place. Poly may be a bit less forgiving compared to wool when stretched but not really an excuse.

It's possible the carpet may have been folded to get it into the room causing minor crease marks? If that's the case, sounds like they have eased out as they should do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back