just moved my oil storage tank..

M

munchingB

hi all

my oil tank was previously sited about 1.5 metre away from the boiler and today i moved the tank so that it sits about 8 metres from the boiler.
i've connected up the supply pipe and am now having problems getting the boiler to fired up.

it is a worcester 12/14 heatslave and the new tank position is pretty much the same level it was sat at before and has about 160-180 litres of oil.

i have tried to bleed the system by undoing one of the braided hoses which i am guessing is the output from the pump..but still nothing and im wondering if the new distant is causing the problem ...or if im bleeding the wrong hose?

any wise words of wisdom would go down very well right now....

cheers all

Sponsored Links
The distance shouldn't be a problem. You just sometimes need a pump to get the oil moving. Once all the air is purged from the oil line it should be fine.
What is your oil line made from and are they installed to OFTEC Standard. If they aren't your House Insurance won't pay for any environmental damage or pollution. Be Warned it could be EXPENSIVE@

hi, i used a qualoil plastic pipe as i have to move the boiler at some point too at which point i'll use a copper pipe.

i have got the boiler firing having bleed it off the pressure gauge port on the pump though i tampered with the pressure adjustment and not sure how far in/out the hex screw should be?

it fires then goes out again after some minutes and im guessing this just needs bleeding again?

the tank base is built and positioned to oftec standards and apart from the pipe, inserts and olives all the other fittings were the previously used items.

Sponsored Links
Just for future reference, your Heatslave should have a tap at the top of the burner box, and follow the flexible pipe from that to the pump........that's the connection you bleed at initially.
Unfortunately it seems you have adjusted the pump pressure now, and it needs resetting using a pressure gauge screwed into the port marked P.
The required pressure is on a paper label under the boiler top lid, pressure gauges are around the 25 quid mark.
Ideally you do need a flue gas analyser to set the thing up perfectly though.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back