Just need a bit of business advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I hope someone can help with this problem i've got.

I've been doing some CP12 and servicing work for a housing company that has been approached by a Property buying group (the type that releases equity then rents back to the ex-owner) to help get rid of the backlog of Cp12's.

The property buying company is relatively new and does not seem to know how to handle the gas side of things and was paying £85 for a CP12 before me and the housing company started to help out.

I have been doing all the servicing for the property buying company through the housing group clearing the back-log for the past 4 weeks, however the work is now fininshed and i'm back to job hunting again.

After talking to the girl who gives me the work from the Housing company i have found out that they have been charging the property buying group £70 per property of which i get paid £55.

The advice that i am looking is for is how to approach the property buying company so that i can take over all the gas maintenance for the 500 properties that they have, i would of course be bringing the price down to something more reasonable and could even take over 100% of the maintenance as regards to doing the servicing automatically every year.

thanks

Sponsored Links
If I was that property company then I would not give all the work to a one man band!

I suspect that you are expecting to be charging them £70 per property for all 500 !!!

If they have any sense at all they will quickly find out that firms like Gas-Elec and Reactfast will be quoting a bulk price of about £30-£35 each.

The obvious thing to do is write a proper letter outlining your experience, qualifications, test equipment and staffing and offer to negotiate a pricing structure that will be beneficial to THEM !

I also recommend that you use capital "I"s in your letter as "i"s would make it look very amateurish and unprofessional.

Tony

PS What came of your application to work for BG ?

gasright said:
The advice that i am looking is for is how to approach the property buying company so that i can take over all the gas maintenance for the 500 properties that they have, i would of course be bringing the price down to something more reasonable and could even take over 100% of the maintenance as regards to doing the servicing automatically every year.

thanks

Dive right in there, speak to the buying company and arrange appointment. Now give them your sale pitch and fingers crossed your in. At £50 a pop and 10 props a week whats to think about, its a dog eat dog world and no one going to pay your mortgage for you.

Best of luck ;)

You have to maximise their profits and minimise their hassle.
Don't be surprised if they have you running round at all hours one week then dump you the next when they decide they owe you a lot of money, or someone else offers to save them a few pennies.
Sometimes they just get it into their head to try someone else for no particular reason.
In the winter, 500 would keep a lot of people busy; spread your risk.

Sponsored Links
Get the work but make sure you have an iron clad contract set out to protect you as Chris mentions about once your bill becomes too large.
Pete

clf-gas said:
gasright said:

thanks

Dive right in there, speak to the buying company and arrange appointment. Now give them your sale pitch and fingers crossed your in. At £50 a pop and 10 props a week whats to think about, its a dog eat dog world and no one going to pay your mortgage for you.

Best of luck ;)

£50-55 is definetely the price that i was aiming for

Go for it, take note of what chrisr and fluffster have wrote ;)

I perssonally get mine on a monthly basis, Happy up to now though have had trouble like the rest in the past, with age comes wisdom or something like it. :LOL: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back