cp12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
need some advice on pricing? i am thinking of approaching some firms and offering to do their landlord certificates on weekends as extra cash as i know two local firms that have a back log on their cp12's. im based in london and assuming properties located close together i m thinking of £20 a certificate? too much too little?

Sponsored Links
What do you intend covering for your £20 because this would have a major impact on any answers you receive?

i m thinking of £20 a certificate? too much too little?

I'm thinking you gotta be a cowboy to charge so little ;) ...how can you possibly do all the required checks.

A sensible rate of around £60 based on £40 an hour and a room sealed appliance +hob/cooker. Hour for the checks + 1/2Hr travel/picking up keys etc. BBU/Warm air/open flues always cost more. Any problems you're then on an hourly/half/full day rate.

Remember all the wasted time...meters out of credit/tenants not in, not answering the door, boilers requiring repairs, getting keys, sending out appointment cards, endless phoning of tenants to book the inspection....

Be prepared to disconnect most fires..'cos no one else will have. Band A condensing stuff is becoming a PITA...some are ok, some need full servicing that can take hours and you need the service kits (gaskets, seals etc).

Also remember Saturday traffic can be much worse than weekdays, most spares merchants are not open (mine opens Sat am only) and manufacturers technical desks are closed if you really get stuck (not that they're much cop anyway :) ).

Sponsored Links
Thats why I asked the question is the £20 all in or is he intending charging for servicing each appliance, carrying out a chargeable inspection and THEN charging £20 for the actual certificate.

Can't see how anyone can work for less than £60 first hour then £40/hr afterwards.

Especialy in London with CC etc.

I have fixed prices. Firts appliance £60, 2nd £30, hobs/cookers visual check and safety devices £10. All plus VAT.

You didn't do the check on my stepdaughters new flat did you? Found 2 gas leaks and condemed the cooker. That was probably a £20 jobby :rolleyes: :mad:

Think he's on a wind up :D
If not your english is good for a polish unregistered congestion avoiding red diesel using cowboy :D :D

£20 @ weekend!! maybe you should look at your prices during the week Then maybe you won't need to earn extra cash at weekends or maybe you work for someone in which case its not your corgi registration number

Read between the lines guys!

He says he wants to do it at weekends! Thats because he is employed during the week. That also explains why he knows nothing about pricing.

He probably is not even CORGI registered in his own right and intends to "borrrow" his employers number !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back