property service firms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.
would like some opinion on something. ive noticed advertised and recieved calls from property firms that do landlord services. 1 company i know is based in slough, has 3 people in the office and advertises landlords certs in the london area for 40 plus vat. assuming they make a cut how can any self employed gas fitter go and do a landlord check for these panel firms for say 25 quid in the london area. id be very surprised if any of these companys actually get anyone.this particular firm has traded under 2 differ names in 4 years ( companies house research!) 1 offered me 20 quid. i laughed to high heaven. surely these middleman cannot compete on price with joe blogs and his van!!!im surprised they can charge 40 , and make any profit , let alone get think joes like me to do it!

Sponsored Links
And don't forget it's the Gas Engineer who's signature is on the Cert who takes the rap!!! :evil:

Gas-Elec seem to do CP12s for just £25 in London for landlords with several properties.

I really cannot see how the engineer can do very well out of that with parking and congestion charges.

Tony

as far i know gas elec adcertise 60k a year salary to take on their franchise. hahaha. ive been to a few of their ' checks' . guy left a idela mini c24 flue test cap off. spilling 200ppm into the bathroom. woman had been sick for all year with headaches :eek:
another bbu was serviced last year. went to it . hadnt been touched for years and there was no ventilation present. we all miss things and ,ake mistakes but for such a big firm that is worrying. id rather earn 25 k a year for the council contractors then do the crap gas elec would put your way!

Sponsored Links
I don't do Landlord work any more unless we fitted the original boiler.

If Gas Elecs franchisees work for £30 a pop, good luck to them. Letting Agents and Landlords nearly all go for the cheapest, and argue that Gas Safe Regisitration means a level playing field of competence. Who am I to disagree?

alot of bad experiencs with landlords? i do a fair bit but have stopped doing open flued boilers and fires. too much hassle. stick to room sealed and havent had too many ar. id situations , usual , undersized below 14mb, flue near window etc. i sleep better a night since dropping open flued applainces!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back