Just plain wickedness seems to be increasing.

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid the world always has been mad.

For example, imagine what our grandparents thought about mankind during and after WW1 and WW2.

It's just that the madness is constantly being re-invented. Man is very imaginitive and never fails to shock.

Stick with the mad world though. There's no viable alternative.

(Jeez. Get the philosopher! :rolleyes: )

For example, imagine what our grandparents thought about mankind during and after WW1 and WW2.

It's just that the madness is constantly being re-invented. Man is very imaginitive and never fails to shock.

there is an alternative ,and its the only one and the best and greatest ,and that is Jesus. totally awsome god,he has given us ALL a way out.

there is an alternative ,and its the only one and the best and greatest ,and that is Jesus. totally awsome god,he has given us ALL a way out.

Wow this thread has Compost bin written all over it !!!

Sponsored Links

There ISN'T a god !! or at least not one that listens to individuals.... if there was,

1. Why are there hundreds of different religions?
2. why do religious people die in nasty ways?
3. why aren't prayers ever answered? (apart from by statistical chance?)

There is, however, something good in a faith... something to hang your cloak on... mine is science, for others, its crucifixion.....

There ISN'T a god !! or at least not one that listens to individuals.... if there was,

1. Why are there hundreds of different religions?
2. why do religious people die in nasty ways?
3. why aren't prayers ever answered? (apart from by statistical chance?)

There is, however, something good in a faith... something to hang your cloak on... mine is science, for others, its crucifixion.....

forget about religion,,religion is mans way of reaching god , which is impossible.
jesus is gods way of reaching us.

why do religouse people die in nasty ways, if they killed the master of the house how much more the servants.

depends what you pray for ,if you ask to win the lottery forget it i tried that one ,god asnwers prayers always but its not always the answer you expect its answered better and more than you could ask. or expect. as long as its according to his will. just simply believe,or even ask for the gift of faith.
if you doubt, becuase god understands we are weak. and need his help
he is a the living God .

The world is a far less wicked place today than it ever has been. it is by no means perfect, but these outrages are far more widely reported these days, it just seems that way.

Wow this thread has Compost bin written all over it !!!

Your input makes it a self-fulfilling prophecy. ;)

Traditional Christianity in The UK is in decline. In the past, it was used to keep people down, with the fearful consequences of displeasing The Almighty.

The new religions today are football and shopping. Other methods are used to keep people down, and the consequences of ignoring these are preached constantly. Global warming, sustainable energy and recycling are particularly popular at the moment. The authorities use the fear of non-compliance to control behaviour, with the bonus that they can tax them in the name of saving the planet.

First rule of governing people - keep them fearful.

Religion! If you've got it, keep it to yourself, dont inflict it on me please, and definatly dont confuse religion with laws and politics, thank you, AMEN :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Traditional Christianity in The UK is in decline. In the past, it was used to keep people down, with the fearful consequences of displeasing The Almighty.

The new religions today are football and shopping. Other methods are used to keep people down, and the consequences of ignoring these are preached constantly. Global warming, sustainable energy and recycling are particularly popular at the moment. The authorities use the fear of non-compliance to control behaviour, with the bonus that they can tax them in the name of saving the planet.

First rule of governing people - keep them fearful.

perfect love casts out all fear,god is love,he accepts poeple as they are,he loves poeple more than you will ever know,you can approach him whithout fear and share your troubles,concerns pains,hurts,angers,worrys. he sets poeple free ,he heals ,restores,lifes ,marrieges,familys,, he heals the broken hearted, he gave us jesus,who laid down his life for us,we spat in his face but he still loved us,we mocked him but he still loved us,we cut his head open whith crown of thorns,but he still love us,we lashed him 39 times whith a spiked whip ,and he got nailed on the cross,in the ankle and wrists, then god poured all the sin that man has done present passed and future,,that we could be reconciled to god,through forgiveness .of sins.

Sponsored Links
Back