Just plain wickedness seems to be increasing.

Traditional Christianity in The UK is in decline. In the past, it was used to keep people down, with the fearful consequences of displeasing The Almighty.

The new religions today are football and shopping. Other methods are used to keep people down, and the consequences of ignoring these are preached constantly. Global warming, sustainable energy and recycling are particularly popular at the moment. The authorities use the fear of non-compliance to control behaviour, with the bonus that they can tax them in the name of saving the planet.

First rule of governing people - keep them fearful.

perfect love casts out all fear,god is love,he accepts poeple as they are,he loves poeple more than you will ever know,you can approach him whithout fear and share your troubles,concerns pains,hurts,angers,worrys. he sets poeple free ,he heals ,restores,lifes ,marrieges,familys,, he heals the broken hearted, he gave us jesus,who laid down his life for us,we spat in his face but he still loved us,we mocked him but he still loved us,we cut his head open whith crown of thorns,but he still love us,we lashed him 39 times whith a spiked whip ,and he got nailed on the cross,in the ankle and wrists, then god poured all the sin that man has done present passed and future,,that we could be reconciled to god,through forgiveness .of sins.

Yeah! far out man, but please tell me how you know all these things.

Sponsored Links
Traditional Christianity in The UK is in decline. In the past, it was used to keep people down, with the fearful consequences of displeasing The Almighty.

The new religions today are football and shopping. Other methods are used to keep people down, and the consequences of ignoring these are preached constantly. Global warming, sustainable energy and recycling are particularly popular at the moment. The authorities use the fear of non-compliance to control behaviour, with the bonus that they can tax them in the name of saving the planet.

perfect love casts out all fear,god is love,he accepts poeple as they are,he loves poeple more than you will ever know,you can approach him whithout fear and share your troubles,concerns pains,hurts,angers,worrys. he sets poeple free ,he heals ,restores,lifes ,marrieges,familys,, he heals the broken hearted, he gave us jesus,who laid down his life for us,we spat in his face but he still loved us,we mocked him but he still loved us,we cut his head open whith crown of thorns,but he still love us,we lashed him 39 times whith a spiked whip ,and he got nailed on the cross,in the ankle and wrists, then god poured all the sin that man has done present passed and future,,that we could be reconciled to god,through forgiveness .of sins.

Yeah! far out man, but please tell me how you know all these things.

Its called "faith"! Something you heathens know nothing about.

Nah....you're definitely taking the pizz. If he was half as good as that he'd lend us all a few bob to get us out of the sh***e.

We all know history is full of atrocities and bloodshed.........Nazis, child soldiers. amphitheater's etc etc

However prior to the second word war the killing of children in this country was a very rare occurrence I'm meaning primarily in the 20th century not the Victorian era. A long dead home office pathologist knew this to be true from the records he kept. (They used to investigate all murders).

Additionally when I was young a murder was such a rare event everybody talked about it the following day.

Now I'm certainly not evoking the good old days but as time passes and advances are made in society and with increases in knowledge and technology you should be able or expect to see advancement in society as a natural progression......... but in the last decade or two it seems society is becoming a very dangerous place.

I remember a chief inspector been interviewed about pedophilia
in the interview he stated that he used to think pedophiles were sick
but latterly he believed they were evil.

Wanton cruelty and evil is increasing.

So much for advancement I thought evolution was supposed to be a progressive thing.

Sponsored Links

I wasn't knocking people's genuinely felt Christian beliefs, and I respect their right to these. Our monarchy, armed forces and Christian based society made this country what it was (sic).

I have several friends who are committed Christians, and can see that their faith benefits them and causes no harm to others.

Unfortunately there are negative sides, and I touched on the fact that religion can and has been used to kow people. Christianity needs to be supported, as an alternative against other far more destructive and negative religions.

breadnbutter said:
forget about religion,,religion is mans way of reaching god , which is impossible. jesus is gods way of reaching us.

Well that's a concept I've never come across before. :eek: :eek: :eek: Maybe the nearest was when Esther Rantzen said "If I was God, I would ban all religion." She had a point. If I was God - and if I had the time or the inclination to come back and observe this rather insignificant planet - I would ask myself "Why didn't I invent the Prime Directive first? :oops: :oops: :oops: "

So your advice that we should forget about religion has much to commend it but I can see a logical flaw in your argument. If Jesus is God's way of reaching us, how is anybody on a planet devoid of religion supposed to be aware of this? :confused: :confused: :confused:

and also said:
god asnwers prayers always but its not always the answer you expect its answered better and more than you could ask

I've heard that one before and I find it a little too convenient that you can ignore any bad luck that comes my way but then attribute all my good luck to God! Sorry but no deal. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: What's more, good luck doesn't come equally to all. Some will get more than their fair share while others lose out. That's elementary statistics. Does your God favour some individuals at the expense of others? I don't think Jesus would have approved.

pred said:
Religion! If you've got it, keep it to yourself, dont inflict it on me please, and definatly dont confuse religion with laws and politics, thank you, AMEN

Redoubled in No Trumps! Religion and politics should never mix. Here's why --

Whitespirit66 said:
In the past, it was used to keep people down, with the fearful consequences of displeasing The Almighty.

and also said:
The new religions today are football and shopping.

Well those might be the other two. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

and also said:
Christianity needs to be supported, as an alternative against other far more destructive and negative religions.

(My italics.) Got any in mind? :?: :?: :?:

gasbanni said:
I thought evolution was supposed to be a progressive thing.

Evolution is nothing more than a series of mistakes which give members of a species a survival advantage over others. Concepts of good and evil don't come into it. There is no underlying master plan. (Waits for breadnbutter to dispute that last statement. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: )

And finally --

I don't have to be a Christian to know that "Jesus" and "God", whether he, she or it exists or not, deserve capital letters. Fortunately for breadnbutter, Jesus would have turned the other cheek and God undoubtedly has better things to do than complain about poor grammar. There's probably an inhabited planet somewhere out there whose star is in imminent danger of gravitational collapse. :eek: :eek: :eek: That's surely more deserving of his/her/its attention.

I wasn't knocking people's genuinely felt Christian beliefs, and I respect their right to these. Our monarchy, armed forces and Christian based society made this country what it was (sic).

I have several friends who are committed Christians, and can see that their faith benefits them and causes no harm to others.

Unfortunately there are negative sides, and I touched on the fact that religion can and has been used to kow people. Christianity needs to be supported, as an alternative against other far more destructive and negative religions.

no worries,white spirit,
we all know that religions have abused,people and misrepresented God
christianity is about a personel friendship whith God,a relationship,there is freedom from having to religously prove to be accepted by God,
all he asks is for us to walk in love,to him and to others regardless of there race or religion;
he gives us the power to be able to do this. sometimes we blow it,but its about forgiving,its about accepting gods forgiveness ,forgiving yourself and others, and moving on.

There's probably an inhabited planet somewhere out there whose star is in imminent danger of gravitational collapse. That's surely more deserving of his/her/its attention

Ahh, but they might have their own god, then if our god goes over there and fixes things he might be treading on their gods toes. Then, next thing you know there'll be a godawful fight breaking out.

sooey said:
Ahh, but they might have their own god, then if our god goes over there and fixes things he might be treading on their gods toes. Then, next thing you know there'll be a godawful fight breaking out.

Now that's a good point. If there's one, why should there not be more than one? Maybe they divided the universe up into galaxies so that each would know the limits of their jurisdiction. :idea: :idea: :idea:

If that's the case then that 'godawful fight' could become a reality because Andromeda is heading our way. :!: :!: :!:

Sponsored Links
Back