Just signed up at Local College to do Bpec Gas Foundation

• Thread starter Simonbeasley1
  • Start date
I went to college for two years 112 days in total. That was for the basics not including gas. Done that seperatley. Im not being funny but if someone was going to do a job in my house with 10 days training i would not let them loose in my house on my heating system and bathroom. Some off these kids cant even lift up a floor board let alone put down dust sheets. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
10 days seems to be very short.
Course I did was about 30 and was mainly about the small jobs such as float valve , leaks , tap changes , showers etc.
We did practice bathroom installs cylinder swaps rad changes etc.
That market seems to have dried up though.

I did have past experience and used to be a spark about 30 yrs ago.
I certainly would not feel competent about doing a CH install although am happy about some repairs so long as i dont have to go near the boiler.

I had been thinking of doing a heating course and acops but those that have done it found it tough to get the experience. In the present climate i am not sure if i want to spend the money though.

[. This is not the age for plumbers.

Main reason is influx of entrants to plumbing since 7 years ago.

Yes, partly, i was one of these

.[/quote] To Quote Erroll Brown " Everyone`s a plumber, baby- That`s no lie" :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back