Gas Portfolio South East London/Kent

do you want to do a apprenticeship ? which is 4 or 5 year i think don't know about nowadays

Sponsored Links
He just seems to want to do training courses and set to working for the public.

Many of my customers would not be pleased to see a Rasta on their doorstep.

Some might be too frightenned to even open the door!

Thanks for your input Tony. I thought I'd explained what I wanted perfectly well. If you can't help, or aren't willing to take me up on my offer of free labour to see exactly what I'm about then please don't waste anymore of your time. I'm not interested in a keyboard war of words.

AGAS - however long it takes I guess, I have already completed the classroom based side of things, it's the real world challenge that I need now.

Mike.

Sponsored Links
AGAS - however long it takes I guess, I have already completed the classroom based side of things, it's the real world challenge that I need now.
your best bet from your answers given why don't you look at british gas or alike ( company ), i know british gas are doing apprenticeships at the moment. i wouldn't even think about doing jobs straight after quals if you've had no on job training imo .

Someone with electronics experience could learn boiler repairs in a few months.

But even those with years of plumbing experience would often need a year or two.

Someone with electronics experience could learn boiler repairs in a few months.

But even those with years of plumbing experience would often need a year or two.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.....another fooked keyboard...

Ok thanks, I will try British Gas and alike, although I fear they may think I'm too old.

Thanks for the replies, if anyone wishes to have a days free labour around South London/Kent to test me out, general pipework, pipe calcs, purge calcs, burner pressures or general donkey work please send me a message. I have PLI.

Cheers

Mike.

Hi Mike

I do know a company that could help you out.

You seem like a sensible bloke who wants to get on.

You will be expected to make a commitment and time-keeping/reliability is an absolute must.

If you are not pulling your weight or do not demonstrate the right attributes they will suss you out very quickly.

With the right attitude the company could be ideal for you.

I'll pm the details

Tried to pm you but can't see a function to do so.

If you can find out how I can pm you I'll send info

Thanks Andy - commitment and reliability will not be an issue at all. I have sent you a message, hope you get it ok.

Cheers

Mike.

Good luck mate, and I hope you don't meet any more people like Agile who is a self appointed top 100 gas service engineer by the way :ROFLMAO: to give you any more advice.(y).

Thanks very much, I will get there, eventually....!

Thanks everyone for all the replies, some helpful, all interesting.

Send me a message if you need a hand.

Mike.

thats the hardest bit is getting your foot in the door with the right people, starting a career at any age its going to take time but good luck mike and don't worry about your age because its an advantage most times

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back