Just Tested central heating -I think I have a air lock or blockage somewhere

That sounds about right, but do make sure there's nothing in front of the photocell, spoiling its vision so to speak!
May I ask when the boiler was last serviced, and had its combustion requirements checked and set?
John :)

Sponsored Links
I think it was last summer so it should be ok, when I look in the hole where it goes it all looks clear.
I probably should get it serviced anyway I suppose ;(
I will change the photocell anyway as that's so easy.
Does the other end of the wire just pull out or do I need to unscrew something?

Did we ascertain this is the Riello RDB burner - red box, 2 screws holding the cover on?
The business end of the photocell unplugs - the other end is wired into the control box but I'm pretty sure it has a block connector that pulls apart.
John :)

Yes that's the one.
I've ordered a photocell . I''l let you know how I get on.
Thanks for your help

Mike

Sponsored Links
HI again
Fitted the photocell this morning.
Boiler fired up first time! :D

Only problem was the way they had run the wire from the controller.
It's impossible to pull it out !
It's been fitted obviously before another part (maybe the pump I'm not sure ) and the 2 way connector can't get through If I'd realised before I would have cut it off.
Now its stuck in there so I reckon I'll have to cut the wire and leave it in there. :eek:

Thanks again

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back