just thinking of starting my own small business...

Sponsored Links
Come on then Di, let's be havin a photo of ya gates.

you know how obliging i usually am Blas....but its dark here!.... :D

they are big double gates....., i think the gap is 2.7 metres wide....and i think they might be about 2 metres high....maybe a bit less.

So if you stand on tippy-toes you can nearly reach the top?

Sponsored Links
Big doubles eh, phwoar, d'you generally leave them unlatched. :LOL:

oh this is so gonna get deleted!.....the gates are kept locked....because they lead to the back passage!!!.

actually they are screwed shut....coz i tried to fix em when they fell down in the wind....and no one would help me...and im only little....and i couldnt do it....and so i just screwed em to the posts!..... :cry:

My my, they do sound like big ones you've got! I think Static would be there all day banging away!

Why do you need new ones? 'Unhinged'?

Do you like to leave them open and feel the breeze or are you more of a 'keep them tightly shut' girl?

When I worked for the local council, our dept got a contract, manufacturing and fitting entry gates for a local housing association.
I used to take an apprentice out with me once a week measuring up. The rest of the week was taken up making the frames and gates, whilst another team were out fitting those made the week before.
I made a rod up for marking out the stiles. (only the width of the gates varied)
Hardest bit was, some entries had the original frames with a cast iron metal grille above the gate and residents wanted this grille incorporating into the new frame.

We could easily make 20 - 30 gates and frames per week (Me and two apprentices)

Some apprentices were thick though. I had one who I would put on the morticer on a Tuesday morning and he'd blaze away all day.
Next day, I'd ask him to carry on with the morticing and the first thing he'd ask is "How do I do that?" Another one would never be able to read a tape measure while ever he had a hole in his proverbial arze. If you asked him to cut 4 pieces of timber at 550mm long, he'd come back with 4 different lengths of timber (none of them 550mm long)

Ahh them were't days lad ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

My dear Blas......control yourself!!...the gates are......cream crackered!...absolutely rotten!...falling to bits....!.....

:rolleyes: ....yep.....i think they need a man to give em a good seeing too!....i dont have the right equipment to do it myself!...............

Sponsored Links
Back