Just wanting to check that this is indeed an isolation valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am having an external filling loop fitted to my Vaillant boiler but this isn't being done for a few weeks. The boiler has been leaking from the internal filling loop which seems a common thing and so ahead of an external filling loop being fitted, I am just capping off the internal loop valves. I have disconnected the hose and fitted blanking caps to each valve that the loop hose connected to.

I have noticed on non-return valve immediately after the cold water feed that there is what appears to be an isolation valve on it (Under where it has CR below). The 1/2" larger end of this valve is where I have capped off. Is that indeed an isolation valve? If so, I will isolate there in addition to the blanking cap just to be 100% but didn't wanted to put my allen key in there if it is potentially something else.

s-l225.jpg

Thanks for entertaining a newbie question but better to be safe than sorry!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back