loop valve weeping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my filling loop non return valve is allowing water to return, only gradually. As I have to keep topping up, I am trying to locate any leak, it,s only slow.When I phoned merchants, they said I have to buy whole loop.Is this so ? It,s 0.5 inch straight valve that flexi screws to 0.75 circs,I have capped it with blank when not in use.Always disconnect flexi from it when not filling.

Sponsored Links
the none return valve is to stop contaminated water to return back into the mains and theres no way the water could return into the mains from the central heating side as the pressure is to high on the mains side for this to happen

the none return valve is to stop contaminated water to return back into the mains and theres no way the water could return into the mains from the central heating side as the pressure is to high on the mains side for this to happen
Hi, I know that but when I disconnect the flexi, the non return leaks, not a lot, but enough for pressure drop over time,hence me putting blank on it.I disconnect it so the pressure doesn,t build up, always told never leave connected.Just want new valve, not the whole loop system.Merchants say they don,t stock just the non return valve.Suppose I could put another ball valve to it, same as on cold mains pipe to flexi?Save draining system.?

Sponsored Links
I had a similar problem to this with the boiler in the last house I lived in. Turned out it was the valve itself that was weeping. When the central heating was on the water was evaporating but eventually pressure would drop. Left the CH off for a week and sure enough, there was the telltale sign of the weeping valve.

I had a similar problem to this with the boiler in the last house I lived in. Turned out it was the valve itself that was weeping. When the central heating was on the water was evaporating but eventually pressure would drop. Left the CH off for a week and sure enough, there was the telltale sign of the weeping valve.
Hi, exactly my problem. I will change it.

You will be lucky to just get the Check valve, buy a complete filling loop kit they only cost £5 - £10 so its not going to break the bank ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back