Justice ?

joe-90 said:
Execution is ritualised murder to quell the baying masses for the revenge of society.
AWOOOGAH!! AWOOOGAH!! He said "masses". AWOOOGAH!!

Come on joe-90 - that tired old cliche is beneath even you. ;)

Sponsored Links
What benefit would it be to society, and ultimately the victim or victim's family?
Not sure what benefit there is to the victim's family other than the knowledge that the same thing won't happen to some other poor s o d.

The benefit to society is obvious though, surely?

Tax payers won't have to keep the waste of good breathing air in prison for decades :!:

MW

It's cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than execute them.

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to work out the costs ...

Life imprisonment ?
Bit of rope and a wooden gallows?
A few kW off the National grid?
Injection?

Hmmmnnnnnn

Texas death penalty cases cost more than non-capital cases
That is about three times the cost of imprisoning someone in a single cell at the highest security level for 40 years. (Dallas Morning News, March 8, 1992)

How much has it cost to keep Brady locked up since 1965 as opposed executing him.And how is justice served by keeping in his life of luxury as opposed to his young victims who cannot join in a debate like this because of the likes of him.

In the interests of balance I wonder if anyone knows the respective costs for comparison in Dubai or Thailand or many muslim states where the death sentence follows swifty from the guilty verdict?

I would hazard a guess that the order of costs there are significantly different ;)

I once got a not guillty i front judge l............. hooo! he went on one!!!cos i got a not guilty

he said, i want that man on my next trial :eek:

got to court, on trial. thought it was going brill,

The judge said,

It looks like this.(to the jury)

you are sat in a room libby says, i'm gonna kill him, you don't see it, but he comes back with blood on the knife.

WELL?

EXAMPLE... mine cost me 15mnths of my life

fuel for.....

In the interests of balance I wonder if anyone knows the respective costs for comparison in Dubai or Thailand or many muslim states where the death sentence follows swifty from the guilty verdict?

I would hazard a guess that the order of costs there are significantly different ;)

That's because justice isn't a major concern.

Sponsored Links
Back