Justice ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not sure what benefit there is to the victim's family other than the knowledge that the same thing won't happen to some other poor s o d.

The benefit to society is obvious though, surely?

Tax payers won't have to keep the waste of good breathing air in prison for decades :!:

MW

Always financial eh?..

Sure, quite a lot of money would be saved by not keeping someone locked up - but the 'flip-side' would be the cost of devaluation of life once again, and the effect that has on society...in other words, if the state is allowed to 'dispose' of those who take life, then the act of 'taking life' becomes easier...

And Society IMO would become even more brutal because of it!

ellal wrote

then the act of 'taking life' becomes easier...

No ,it doesn't.
The death penalty is a twin edged sword. It acts as a deterrent and removes the possibility of scum being released whereby their is every likelyhood they may re-offend and cut more innocent peoples lives short.

And Society IMO would become even more brutal because of it!

Was society more brutal when the UK had the death penalty ?.

In your opinion John ;)

It's not opinion. It's a fact. Why is it that you are unable to accept anything other than your own opinion? I've never met anyone so pig-headed.

In your opinion John ;)

It's not opinion. It's a fact. Why is it that you are unable to accept anything other than your own opinion? I've never met anyone so pig-headed.

As a self-appointed trainee Mod, I have deleted the 'pig-headed' comment in order that the post can continue without being locked. Hope you don't mind joe-90.

ps How did I do Duty Mod?

In your opinion John ;)

It's not opinion. It's a fact. Why is it that you are unable to accept anything other than your own opinion? Please accept my outlook.

As a self-appointed trainee Mod, I have deleted the 'pig-headed' comment in order that the post can continue without being locked. Hope you don't mind joe-90.

ps How did I do Duty Mod?

38389424.smileysmackingballs.gif

Sponsored Links
Back